Part 26

Zora pov

I love the weekend. I can just chill for the whole day and i don't need to stress about work at all.

I was making breakfast in the morning and I heard Inayah come into the kitchen.

" where did you go last night?" I asked her. It was late and I'm sure it had to be something important because there's not a lot of things that could make Inayah come out of her bed.

She yawned, " just felt like going on a late night drive, you know?" She said in a tired voice.

" really? You?" I asked seriously.

She smiled, half asleep and nodded at me. I put some pancakes in front of her and she thanked me for them.

We heard a knock on the door and ran over to see who it was, " it's Mattia!" I said to Inayah and she ran upstairs to go get her scarf. I opened the door to let him in, " hey, how you doing?" I asked him.

He was spacing out at work this whole week but he looked a little better today, " great," he said, " what about you?" He asked me.

" pretty good," I went back into the kitchen and he followed behind me, " so what'd you come for?" I asked him.

He sat on the bar stool whilst I carried on making pancakes, " what makes you think I came for something?" he asked smiling.

" well you're a busy guy," I answered, " I doubt you'd come over here to see little old me," I joked.

He laughed a little and that made me smile. It felt good to be able to see him like that again, " wow, is that what you think?"

" well am I wrong?" I asked waiting for him to tell me why he's actually here. I finished making the pancakes and I sat down opposite him giving him a stack of his own.

" thanks," he said and he started to eat them.

" so you gonna tell me why you're here?" I asked him.

" mom and dad want to take us out to dinner tonight," he said to me.

I sulked," great, there's my chill day gone," I said a little annoyed, " I guess it's not that bad though if it's just your parents,"

He scratched the back of his neck, " yeah, yours are coming too," he said to me.

I groaned, " and here I was thinking that you were bringing good news," I said to him.

He smiled, " I wasn't to fond of the idea either but it's not like we can get out of it,"

I nodded agreeing with him. He finished his pancakes and stood up, " so I'll pick you up tonight, around 6,"

I nodded and walked him to the door, " cool, I'll see you then," I said goodbye to him and I headed back to the kitchen.

I noticed Inayah's stack of pancakes and I wondered why she hadn't come back down yet.

I went upstairs to check on her and found her back in bed, asleep.

I laughed to myself and decided to let her sleep. God knows why she was driving around that late at night.

****

" seriously, another fancy restaurant?" I asked mattia as we walked into it.

" hey it's not my fault," he said, " I didn't choose it this time,"

one of the girls there offered to take our coats and we took them off and handed them to her. We walked in further and looked around for our parents.

" there they are," mattia said looking at the far corner. He looked down at me and held out his arm for me to interlock his with, " you ready for a few hours full of our parents kissing each other's asses?" He whispered to me.