Part 17

Mattia pov

" wow, this place is huge," Inayah's voice echoed around the whole hall and she scared herself a bit when it did.

I turned around to see Zora and her come into the hall and they were both looking at it amazed, " woah, woah, woah," Kai said and he covered my eyes for Some reason when zora and Inayah came up to us, " you're not allowed to see her before the wedding," he said to me.

I could hear Zora laugh, " Kai that's when I'm dressed up and everything, he's allowed to see me now," she told him, " and it's not like it matters anyway, it's just a myth,"

" oh," he said and he removed his hands from my face. I rolled my eyes at him and he grinned at me and walked off to help set out the tables.

" what are you guys doing here so early?" I asked the two of them.

" the hair and makeup lady is meeting me here in a few hours," Zora said, " so I thought I'd come and just see how everything's going. You don't need help with anything do you?" She asked.

I shook my head, " we've got pretty much everything handled," I told her and she nodded.

" mattia we've got a problem," ale said coming up to me a few seconds later. We all looked at him to carry on, " the band cancelled last minute,"

I tutted, I knew it was too good to be true. Something had to go wrong didn't it?

" what am I supposed to do? Moms gonna kill me if theirs no music playing in the background," I told him.

" we'll just use my wedding playlist," zora said.

" wedding playlist?" I said looking at her confused, "why do you even have that?" I asked her.

" I told you she had one for everything," Inayah said.

" I made it a while ago. I had all these great love  songs that I wanted to hear at my wedding, and I wanted them to play in the background whilst me and my future  husband were dancing," she smiled to herself at the thought of it and then looked at me, " we can use it for today though, since we really need it,"

She walked off with ale, and they both tried looking for some speakers that they could join up with her phone.

" that playlists is way more important to her than she's letting on, isn't it?" I asked Inayah who was standing next to me.

We were both watching Zora from far away, " she's had that playlist ready since I met her. She adds to it every now and then. I couldn't wait for the day she'd play it because I knew she'd be happy marrying the love of her life." Inayah then looked at me, " so yeah, you could say it was important,"

She walked off too to help ale and Zora out. I was feeling guilty, even though I knew it was just a silly old music playlist, I knew it was something important to her. She should've been playing this at her actual wedding with a man who really loves her and deserves her. Not at some temporary marriage with me, a guy who really means nothing to her.

I mentally groaned and walked away to try and busy myself with something. But I couldn't hell but think that she really deserves way better than what she's getting.