Part 15

Zora pov

" hey, I have to go out with dad today to work on some wedding things, you think you can take my 2 and 5 o'clock meetings?" Mattia asked coming into my office.

" yeah sure," I answered him. You could say I was shocked when he first told me that he wanted me take on some of his meetings and that I now have the same responsibilities as him. I didn't ever think he'd let me do it but I guess I was wrong.

It's been two weeks since he told me that so I've adjusted to it pretty well. He's been quite busy because it was getting closer to the wedding and he sometimes did late night work shifts so he could catch up with some of his work.

I felt a little bad for him so I helped him out.

He nodded and started to walk out of my office. He started to pat down his pockets, " where the hell are my keys?" He asked himself.

" you came with ale to work today," I reminded him and he groaned, I opened my bag and took my car keys out, " here you can borrow my car,"

I threw the keys at him and he caught them, " thanks," he said before walking out of my office.

I carried on typing away on my laptop and I still had around 20 minutes until it was time for the two o'clock meeting.

" look at that, you guys are already starting to act like a married couple," Inayah said from the corner of my office. She was bored and had a break so she decided to come bother me.

I rolled my eyes, " no we're not,"

She sat up, " you are and you can't deny it. You're both so In tune with each other at work, I think it's the only thing you guys share a common interest in,"

I thought about it a little and I guess you could say she was right. We both did work really well together, and because of that it was easier to act like we liked each other in front of the other employees.

I started packing some things to take to the meeting room, " you wanna come?" I asked her.

She shrugged and stood up, " might as well,"

*****

" that had to be the most boring thing I've ever sat through, please never take me again," she said when we got back to my office.

" I definitely won't, the faces you were making kept wanting to make me laugh," I told her. I sat down in my chair and she sat on the end of my desk.

I saw a girl who was walking past in the corridor and she was looking into mattia's office. She then saw me and walked into mine, " hey, have you seen Mattia by any chance?" She asked, she looked really worried and scared for some reason.

Inayah looked at her and then back at me and she kicked my leg, I looked at her confused and then back at the girl, " he's gone out but I can carry a message for him if you want?"

She suddenly burst into tears and Inayah and I looked at her confused. I was completely shook becasue I didn't even know who she was, let alone what got her so upset.

I stood up from my desk and made her sit down on the sofa and I sat down beside her, " are you ok?" I asked her and Inayah passed her a box of tissues, " and if you don't mind me asking, who are you?"