Part 32

Mattia pov

" here's your jacket," she said to me the next day when I came to pick her up, " sorry I took it in the first place,"

I shook my head, " don't worry about it. It suits you pretty well actually," I told her.

" you think?" She asked looking at it in her arms.

" yep," i answered whilst I reversed the car, " you should keep it,"

She thought about it a little and shook her head, " no I couldn't it's-"

" Zora I want you to keep it," I said quickly looking at her. She smiled and I went back to focussing on the road.

****

The sunflowers were still sitting around her room when she walked into her office and I liked how she still looked at them excitedly.

" so I take it the date went well then?" Ale asked coming into my office.

" well I don't think she'd call it a date but whatever it was, it was amazing," I answered him.

He smiled at me and I looked back at Zora with my head resting in my hands. She was doing some work on her laptop again with her headphones on.

Kai walked into her office a few minutes later scaring her. She quickly closed her laptop and it got me thinking, ' what was she doing on there?'

They both spoke for a while and when he walked out of her office she sighed in relief and opened up her laptop again.

Kai walked into my office and grinned at me, " I don't even need to ask, I know it was brilliant," he said walking in and he sat on the couch.

" do you guys think I'm getting to her?" I asked them both.

" there's no way you can tell," Kai said turning around to look at her quickly. He squinted his eyes at her and turned back, "try asking Inayah, I think if you annoy her up to a point she might tell you a little bit to get you to leave her alone,"

" where is she anyway?" Ale asked.

" the bank," Kai and I said at the same time and ale nodded his head remembering.

" I think you're dragging this out too much," ale said, " can't you just tell her straight up that you like her and stop making this whole thing so suspenseful?"

I snorted, " that's the dumbest thing I've heard," I told him, " I can't just go up to her and tell her I like her. That'd freak her out, especially if she doesn't feel the same way," I told him, " I won't say anything until I'm sure that she likes me back or has feelings for me,"

" well how are you gonna know?" Ale asked me, " she's not exactly going to admit it cause she's a little shy and Inayah won't tell you much because she wants it to happen 'naturally'," Ale said imitating her.

" I'll just know," I answered him, " I'll be able to tell by the way she acts,"

Ale rolled his eyes, " yeah cause you're so in love with her, you can read her fucking body language now," he said sarcastically making Kai laugh.

I smiled and shook my head at him. He's just jealous.

I looked back at Kai, " so how'd that date that Inayah helped set up go?" I asked him.

" Terrible, it didn't work out at all. Inayah told me to stay hopeful but it's just annoying me now. I don't know why I'm so shit at doing this," he said palming his face.

I sighed, " you're not shit at it, you're just looking in the wrong places. You'll find someone soon Kai. Or maybe you should stop looking and let them come and find you?" I said to him.

" well how's that gonna work? How am I gonna find someone if I don't look for them?" He asked.

" it just happens sometimes," I told him and my gaze landed on Zora again, " you'll meet someone and they'll completely take you by surprise. Like when you first meet them, you'll probably hardly pay any attention to them. You might not even be attracted to them, but as you slowly get to know them, you'll notice you're gradually falling for them," I saw her smiling to herself and I have no idea what was going on in her head but seeing her smile made me smile, " this person that was once average to you, quickly becomes the greatest, most beautiful person in the world. Maybe even the most important," I looked at Kai and ale, " and you'll find it funny when you look back at it because you never saw something like this coming. It just sort of....happened,"

" well when you put it like that...." Kai said scratching the back of his head, " maybe I should stop looking,"

Ale groaned and leaned back in his chair, " alright can we stop talking about this now?"

" why?" I asked him, " you realising how lonely you are?" I asked him.

He rolled his eyes and Kai started to laugh.

" no, y'all are just obsessed with love all the time and it gets tiring," he looked over at me, " like I know you like Zora but don't you get bored of just thinking about her all the time?"

I shook my head, " no I don't," I answered truthfully, " that's probably cause there's still so much I don't know about her. And everything she does just interests me," I told him, " she could be making coffee for herself and I'd find it intriguing,"

I looked at ale and he looked at me seriously, " that is such simpy behaviour," and he laughed a little to himself, " I'm sorry Mattia but you just sound crazy at this point,"

" I don't think he's crazy," Kai said, " you've just never experienced it before," he said to ale.

" yeah and I don't plan to," he said, " there is no way I'll ever be that obsessed with a girl,"

Kai and I smirked at each other and we both rolled our eyes at him.

I shook my head at him and I looked back at Zora. She was on the phone now,her face full of panic. She stood up and her eyes went teary all of a sudden.

" mattia?" Ale and Kai asked when I stood up suddenly. I quickly walked out of my office and went into hers.

" what hospital is it?" She asked whilst wiping her eyes. She saw me looking at her concerned and her bottom lip started trembling a little. She nodded and put the phone down and she started to put on her coat.

" Zora what happened?" I asked her. I heard the door open behind me and I'm assuming it was ale and Kai. I walked closer to her and stood in front of her.

She looked up at me, tears still rolling down her eyes and that worried me even more.

" it's Inayah," she said and she started to sob. She covered her mouth and my eyes widened quickly. My mind ran to Inayah and I looked at the time realising she should've been back by now.

" what happened to her?" I asked Zora. She bit her lip to control her sobs.

" mattia, she got shot,"

*****

Errrr......yeah. Enjoy the cliffhanger😁😁