Part 7

Mattia pov

" can you believe her?" I asked the boys as soon as we got out of Zora's apartment. I couldn't believe Inayah was blaming this all on me," she's absolutely crazy,"

" she's not crazy Mattia," Alejandro said whilst getting into the drivers seat, " you have to admit, there's some truth to what she's saying,"

I scoffed and sat beside him in the passenger seat," what? You think that this is my fault too?"

He shook his head, " no I never said that. But she's right when she said that what you're doing to Zora isn't fair."

I palmed my face, " well what do y'all want me to do, huh?" I noticed how lost in thought Kai looked so I snapped my fingers in his face, " what are you thinking about?"

" I wanna know where she's from, her accents a little different, don't you think?" He asked.

I scoffed and left him to his own thoughts, " let's just forget all this," ale said trying to make me less tense, " Inayah's not the problem, she'll cool down soon, Zora will calm her down. But you? You need to make sure you keep your shit together as well,"

" what do you mean?" I asked him.

" I'm saying that you need to control that short temper of yours around the girls, especially Zora. Don't make her regret helping you out Mattia, because she's going out of her way just so you can get with Gabrielle,"

He was right, she was. But I was annoyed that I was getting painted as the bad guy here. It's not my fault that I had a girlfriend before all this.

I stayed quiet for the rest of the drive to work.

****
Zora pov

" look, I know you don't like him a lot, I don't either but these past few months are going to go hella slow if we all can't get along," I told Inayah as we were coming back from work that evening.

She sighed and nodded, " I hate it when you're right," I smiled to myself and we both headed upstairs to get changed , " but did you have invite them to dinner tonight?"

I wasn't really up for it either but I knew it was the best thing to do. I didn't want us all to hate each other, I wanted us to get along, " yes. I'm trying to make this easier for all of us, and for that to happen we need to get to know each other properly,"

We both quickly got changed and came down a while later to get dinner ready.

" you purposely did it today didn't you? You knew it was my turn to make dinner tonight," she said to me.

I rolled my eyes because she'd literally start an argument at anything, " I was going to help you out, now quit moping," I said pushing her into the kitchen.

It took us a while to get dinner ready and after a while we heard our door bell ring so we knew that they were here.

I went to go answer the door and was surprised to only see two of them, " wheres Mattia?" I asked them.

" he said he was going to be a little late," Alejandro told me.

I sighed and my shoulder dropped a little , " you've got to be kidding me,"

" I'm sorry about that, he's just working a little late that's why. He'll show up later on though," Alejandro said coming into the apartment. They took their shoes off and I stood there awkwardly not knowing what to do next.

I scratched the back of my head, " errr....why don't you guys get comfortable. Dinner will be on the table in a few minutes." I told them and they both nodded.