Chapter 27

Niall knew he'd have to get back to his life soon, but he didn't want to. It wasn't fair for him to act like he knew her so well. Her best friend and cousin had already gotten over it, at least outwardly. 

Mor, asterin, and their child had arrived a few days ago. Alex was a good kid. They got along well with Esren, surprisingly. 

Life wasn't the same anymore. It seemewd like everything had been muffled. 

Sam had brought them information when he could. 

The cauldron had malfunctioned, bringing back people that were supposed to be dead. 

Now it was tearing rifts between worlds. One of them had brought Evalin. 

Arobynn Hamel was the right hand man of Maeve. She was trying to take over again. 

The monarchs of Hel were doing very little to help. There wasn't a lot they could do, they claimed, because of a key player Maeve had on her side. They wouldn't say who. 

Only the youngest, the princess of War, was of any help. She had offered up her abilities after Mor's family had arrived. She also wouldn't say why. 

...........

Alex was outside on the balcony when they showed up. 

The King and Queen of Terrasen, and one of the final players in the game. 

And by their side, their 6-year-old son. 

Alex was first to greet them. 

First to lead them inside, and introduce them. The one that told them her parents were fine, and that she hoped Manon was well. 

That's when the queen smiled. 

She wasn't looking at Alex though, but behind their shoulder. 

"Hello, child," a voice behind them said. Alex spun around to see a face she knew well, but had never seen in person. 

"Manon Blackbeak?" They whispered. 

The silver-haired witch smiled. "The one and only." 

Alex looked aroiund, now seeing the faces of people they'd only been told about in bed-time stories. 

Dorian Havilliard, Lysandra Ashryver, her husband by her side, even Ansel of Briarcliff, with fiery hair much like Alex's own. 

Their childhood heroes, all in one place. They were now in the middle of them, and they were going to help save the world. 

...........

I am quickly becoming attached to Alex. If they die, I'm going to be mad at myself. So if you end up liking Alex as well, just know they're probably not going to die. 

Also, they're all in one place!! If I was in Alex's spot right now, I would die. Surrounded by my idols. 

I'm excited. I'm not sure I can finish this by the end of the year because I can't write at all next week, but I'm going to try hard. 

Merry Christmas, in case i can't write today or tomorrow.