Chapter 16

This video is here not because it contributes to the story, but because everybody needs more feysand in their lives.  

Also, in honor of the new book to the ACOTAR series next January, I'd like you all to meet Esren Archeron, daughter of Nessian, age 9. She's sure to have a great attitude. 

One last thing, in this chapter, there's a few names you may need to remember. 
Ceggan: Prince of the Pit; Prince of the 7th level of Hel. 
Sene: Princess of the Abyss; Princess of the 6th level of Hel.
Aidas: Prince of the Chasm; plays a part in Crescent City; Prince of 5th level of Hel.
Minai: Princess of the Darkness; Princess of the 4th level of Hel. 
Sadrus: Prince of Twilight; Prince of the 3rd level of Hel. 
Erehi: Princess of Shadows; Princess of the 2nd level of Hel. 

Elentyia was on the balcony when she saw it coming. 

Of course, she'd known what would happen for days, but seeing it was different. 

The dark clouds rolled forward quickly, following the six figures on horseback. 

A little girl hopped up on the railing. She couldn't be older than ten, yet she easily balanced on the thin rail using her wings. 

Elentyia just looked at the girl until she spoke. 

"Esren Archeron, not that it's any of your business." 

Archeron. One of Niall's cousins then. Most likely the daughter of Nesta, if the attitude was any clue. 

"You know what those things are. I can see it in your eyes. but you haven't told anyone. Why?" This girl knew more than kids her age were supposed to. 

Elentyia shrugged. No matter how smart she was, she wouldn't understand this. She may have the warrior blood of the Whitethorns, but she also had the self-destructive nature of the Galathynius line. And the will to protect others from the Ashryver family. 

"Look, I may not have been here for the last week to watch the drama, but it doesn't mean I don't know what's happening. I grew up getting information any way I could." Esren jumped down from the rail. Not back on the ground, but into the sky. She was gone in minutes, heading toward the growing darkness. 

..............

The six demons stopped their horses when a girl landed in front of them. She spoke, unafraid in the presence of unearthly beings. 

"Esren Archeron, my Lords and Ladies. I have been sent to welcome you to our humble world, and to ask why you have made an appearance here." 

This child was brave. Aidas was first to answer. He always did like children. 

"We're here to retrieve one of my own. Why did they send a child to meet some of the most powerful beings in the world?" 

"I think you underestimate me," Esren answered. It was that one short sentence that left the rulers uneasy. 

"Will you take us to your aunt and uncle then?" Asked Erehi. 

"I would, but they aren't currently in Velaris. Their son is in charge." 

She was messing with them now. And Ceggan had lost his patience. He pointed a finger at her, sending a flicker of death along her spine. He watched her shudder and didn't care. 

"Alright, I'll take you to Niall. But I'll have... to touch you." She looked hesitant now. 

Minai glared at Ceggan and slid off her horse, walking over to the girl and grabbing her hand. 

"The others will follow. Take me." Minai was the kind of demon to watch unflinchingly while someone was tortured when they deserved it, but if the person did nothing wrong, was reasonably pleasant to them. 

The two of them disappeared in smoke, and the five others followed closely after dismounting their own horses. 

..............................

Niall knew the demons would be coming. It didn't surprise him that his cousin was the one to bring them either. What did surprise him was Elentyia's need to be in the room when it happened. 

It was just her and him, totally silent, when they appeared. 

The six of them where cloaked in hoods, and the only other thing you could see were their faces and fingers. They had the frozen perfect beauty that was expected from them, except for a long scar across the face of the youngest. They all had silver eyes and slightly sharper teeth. Their skin was as pale as the dead they presided over. Some of the older ones did, in fact, have horns.

"You demanded to see me I heard?" Niall asked. It was hard to stay calm, considering this had happened the first time his parents had let him take charge. 

"Yes," The voice sent chills down his spine. "You have someone of ours." The eldest said. The Prince of the Pit. Star-Eater. 

"That's an interesting way to put it, considering she came to us." 

"I suggest you give us our sister before we get violent." The Princes of the Abyss warned. Her cracked, curled horn only added to the impression she wouldn't mind shedding some blood. 

Niall nodded, and snapped. Heni appeared. 

"Hello, brothers, sisters, what are you doing here?" She asked brightly, but there was panic in her eyes. 

"We're here for you. But you're already aware of that. You should come with us before you get in more trouble."

Heni laughed, but it was fake. "I can't do that. You need to help this world first. I found... it. And now I need your help to save hi- it."

She gave a pointed look to her sisters. There was understanding in their eyes, but for what, Niall didn't know. 

"Fine," The Prince of Twilight answered. "But only to uphold The Promise. You're in a lot of trouble when we leave." 

Sorry it took so long to write more. I've been busy for a while, and it'll be getting worse through August. I hope this wasn't too bad. It's not as good as my writing was in the first book. Here it is anyways.