Chapter 14

Video for Petrah and Azriel. (They're finally meeting again!!)

For all the writers out there:

I am a writer, The characters I create 

aren't me. 
They are a part of me. 
They are the part of me who is 
The adventurer,
The romantic,
The warrior,
The princess,
The heir,
The villain,
The Freak,
The friend.

They are the parts I hide. 
The parts I wish to be. 
The parts I have been
And the parts I will be. 

Every story is based on a truth. 
Your truth. 

I hope this inspired someone like it does for me. 

...............

Petrah took a deep breath, and stepped up to the House of Wind. 

Feyre smiled at her and stood. "He's back. I'll take you to him." 

The former ironteeth tried to stop the shaking in her hands as her son gave her a reassuring smile and stepped back.

With tears in her eyes, she walked down the long hall to where she could smell people gathered in the last room. 

She shut down her thoughts, only picturing his face. 

She took one last steadying breath, and pushed the door open. 

The room was quiet. Almost everyone in the court of dreams was sitting somewhere in the room. 

But the only one she cared about was the Illyrian standing by the window. 

When he turned, her heart started to beat faster yet. 

Petrah took a step forward, but her legs wouldn't hold her anymore. She fell to the floor, but never hit it, because there were arms around her. The smell of night-chilled mist and cedar. The smell of home. 

"I'm here," he whispered in her ear. "I will never leave you again. I promise. I want that life with you." 

The tears fell freely now. Her mate was here. Hers. And he wouldn't leave her. 

...............

Feyre was smiling at the reunited mates when she snapped up straight. Her eyes widened as she looked at Rhys. 

I felt it too. Someone else has stepped past the wards of Velaris. 

The two ran for the edge of the city. What they found there was unexpected. 

A fae looking like he stepped right out of the Spring Court, another woman smelling of iron, and a demon posing as a woman, if the charred-looking fingers were anything to go by. 

"What business do you have in Velaris, demon?" Rhys asked, his wings disappearing as he made himself known. 

Feyre stayed hidden, concentrating on their minds. The Spring-y male had the same wall of fire around his mind that the two females did back at the House of Wind. The iron-smelling woman's mind was, eerily, completely empty. Empty like only one other person they'd seen. 

Feyre didn't try to get into the third person's mind, since it was common knowledge that even the best Daemati would get stuck in the pits of a demon's mind if they tried anything.