Chapter 25

This is just a filler while I finish up the reat of the story. I'm trying hard, and I'm hoping to have this story finished by the end of the year, but I guess we'll see. 

................

Niall knew he was dreaming because Evalin stood in front of him. 

"Hey," she whispered.

He opened his mouth to speak, but was silenced with a shake of her head. 

"I don't have much time. Let me speak. 

"I've known for a while what we are, and I'm sorry for not telling you, but I knew what was going to happen, and I couldn't get close to you. You need to be able to go on without me.

"It's gotten worse since we amde the army withdraw. I'm dying here," her voice broke "and there's nothing anyone can do now. Not for me. Please, stay away. 

"I haven't known you for very long, but you will be an amazing High Lord some day. Fight for your family, and for your sister. Fight for my family too, please. Because.... I have a brother, and he will be a good king."

Tears were falling down her face. "When he's old enough to understand, tell him I'm proud of him, and that I did this for him. 

"Tell Gavrien to find his mate. 

"I need someone to find Asterin and Mor. It's important. 

"Tell Josefin I did what i always dreamed of doing. 

"And, tell my parents I'm sorry. I tried my best, but I'll never be like them. I couldn't even get over the smallest problems. Tell them it's not their fault. 

"Also, Tamlin's son." Niall tensed at the name. "It's not him that's done these horrid things. He's being controlled just like Sam and Nehemia.

"I can't get out of this one, and I'm not going to try. Because I am lost," she whispered, "and I do not know the way." 

Evalin smiled sadly as she began to fade. "Rattle the stars."