Chapter 9

My inspiration for The Wanderer part of this story is the video. 

She could hear screaming outside. 

Maybe the Night Court had finally come for her. Maybe it was just another innocent dying. 

The Spring Court was so cruel. It was worse than when Tamlin was in charge. 

Elentyia could tell that immediately. 

Trevor belittled his mother, even after she proved to be brave and merciful when she was forced to take charge before her son could claim his birthright. 

He killed anyone for the simplest things. 

The servants were treated disrespectfully, the advisors ignored. 

And her magic grew more restless every day. 

It physically hurt now. It felt like she was being torn apart from the inside. 

And she was starting to nod off from the daily drugs in her food. 

The screaming had stopped outside. No help was coming today. 

But then the door opened. That was off the usual schedule. Too many drugs were running through her, though. She couldn't even lift her head now. 

There was yelling, and arms around her. 

She could feel herself being lifted, but couldn't see anything anymore. 

She just heard reassuring words in her ear, from someone she didn't know. 

"There you are. I've been looking for you." 

................................

The 7th wanderer was a well-known warrior throughout all the worlds. She kept the peace efficiently while keeping her knowledge hidden from all others. Only select few were to know about such power. 

She knew the way out of this place. Could take Josefin somewhere else. Not home, she said. You still have work somewhere else. And you must take someone else with you. 

Josefin agreed with this. All but the last part. 

Not many understood sign language, as it was fairly new. So this newcomer likely wouldn't know it either. Making communicating on one side impossible. 

The wanderer brought her to a tall tower. Climb the stairs. She said. At the top, you will find the man you must take with you. You will also find the doorway to other worlds there. Think of Prythian as you step through. 

And then she was gone, leaving Josefin to climb a slick tower with no ladder or stairs. 

.......................

Sorry for the short chapter. I've come across another case of writer's block. I tried here. 

Feel free to vote and/or comment. I may feel like it takes a lot of energy to write right now, but every notification I get on this story motivates me. 

I'll keep writing as soon as possible. I know its a little annoying when people don't write for a really long time.