Chapter 17

This chapter is a backstory. It takes place centuries before the rest of the story. I thought this video perfectly describes the children of Amren 

"Princess Heni," the guard addressed her. "The empress wishes to see you at the castle immediately." 

"Did she tell you why?" She asked, annoyed. 

"No, Princess. And it is not my place or yours to ask." 

Of course even the guards had higher ranks than her and could talk to her like that. It was one of the pleasures of being the eighth demonic monarch when there are only seven levels of Hel. 

"Yes, sir."

.............

The castle was littered with a variety of the lesser minions of Hel. 

Most demons were never promoted to a high enough rank to get a human form. Not when they'd never have to go there anyways. 

"You called for me?" Heni asked, bowing before Empress Amren, her biological mother. 

"Yes. We're having troubles with a tribe of demons to the far north. A traitor found its way into their village, and told them things about the outside world. Lies. Now they're convinced they should be allowed to take over the other realms. We call this the Maeve effect, and it's a disease. It can't be cured. You are being sent out there to annihilate them." The empress had a look of pity on her face. Pity for her wyrm of a daughter that had no title. 

"With all due respect, Empress, I don't have the title of a War Princess. Is it really appropriate for me to do a job better suited to Ceggan or Sene?" 

Her mother's face changed now. "When I tell you to do something, you are to do it without question. Your superiors have bigger things to worry about. You have no title, and no place here. Do I really need to get Prince Tabrewul to babysit you?"

"N-no Empress, it won't happen again." 

............

Two days later, Heni landed in the Zogabonn region, located in the 6th level of Hel.  The demon that came up to her first was a runt. 

"Princess, what a pleasure! Why are you here?" It squealed pathetically. She stabbed her dagger into it's head. It didn't make another sound. 

Heni pointed to a nearby house, and it went up in flames. Beasts began screaming. 

Death had a horrid smell, sound, and sight, but it was necessary. Death was the next step. But only when it was an honorable one. 

The fire Heni wielded was Mimhacanta, the fire of dishonor.

She spoke loudly so everything still alive could hear her. 

"You have brought dishonor and disease into Hel. The Empress will not allow this to continue. the village is dishonored and you will all pay for this."

She looked a terrified woman in the eyes, smiled, and closed her hand. The world exploded around her. 

..........

When the dust settled, only one person remained standing. The child of Satan smiled once again, and walked though the bodies in the direction of her sister's oasis. 

Before she got far, she saw someone on the horizon. 

With her inhumane eyesight, she knew who it was immediately. She ran to him. 

"Tab, What do you think you're doing here?" 

"What do you think? I was sent here to make you do a good job." Her brother answered.