Chapter 31

I take back what I said at the end of the last chapter. This is the last real chapter. So enjoy.  

Evalin looked at Niall uncertainly. 

"You know we're mates now?" She asked.

"Yes." 

"And... How do you feel about that?" This was the scary part. 

He smiled softly. "I want you to come back to Prythian with me. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, no matter how long or short it ends up being. I want to leave the rest of the universe behind, and have it just be you and me for the rest of my life." 

"And if I told you I felt the same way?" She whispered. 

He smiled, and kissed her softly. "Then I'll love you forever."

...............

Evalin scanned the crowd of people, smiling. She watched proudly as her brother was crowned King of Terrasen, and and as he promised to serve the country for the rest of his days. 

She almost cried tears of happiness as she got to meet the people that had made her friends so happy. 

Gavrien had found his mate, finally. It was the daughter of Elain. Her name was Rosalina. 

Josefin had found her mate as well. Alex. They had known as soon as they had met eyes. 

They had all guessed Niall and Evalin were mates from the beginning.

She even smiled when it was time to say goodbye. 

Josefin and Alex were coming back to Prythian, while Gavrien and Rosalina were staying in Terrasen for the time being. 

After getting her mother's powers, Evalin discovered that the cauldron could not be restored unless the resurrected people went back to where they belonged. Since Maeve had not been one of the originally resurrected people, but since she was 'sacrificed' to it anyways, that meant one person got to stay. That was a harder thing to deal with. 

Evalin let the resurrected decide on their own. Sam and Nehemia chose Azriel. 

Their argument was that he had Petrah to live for, and they just wanted each other. 

So, Sam and Nehemia came back to go through the cauldron again, and Petrah and Azriel went back to live in Prythian. 

Evalin gave Gavrien a last hug. 

"If you disappear and never come back, I'm ignoring you in heaven." He threatens, 

"Don't be an idiot." she shoots over her shoulder, walking towards the portal. "We're both going to Hel." 

She stepped through with a final smile towards her brother and cousin, and looked around  Velaris, the city of starlight. 

"Welcome home." Niall whispered in her ear, and he picked her up, flying to the house of wind. 

..............

This is it.  This is the last chapter, though I might make one chapter about their future. 

A few things:

This is definitely not as good as the first one, so I'll probably edit it. A lot. If you have suggestions about things I should take out or put in, let me know. 

I definitely ship Josefin and Alex soo much. Just the way I'm imagining their relationship in my head, even though you don't get to see them very much in the story. I might actually make a mini-story about them. If you'd read that, let me know. 

That's about it. Have a good day/night and thank you for the support on this book.