Chapter 21

Elentyia was out on the balcony again in the middle of the night. 

Unable to sleep, she'd come out here, hoping to find a certain someone else awake. She knew he was awake. She could feel it. But he wasn't here. Why did that disappoint her so much? 

She remembered why his words were so familiar the other night. 

Evalin. I like that name. 

It had been in her dream that time. Did that mean the other words she didn't recognize were future words? 

Evalin Elentyia Galathynius, you are my firstborn, my pride and joy, one of the few things keeping me tethered to this life. 

That was her mother, years ago, not long before she'd started going by her middle name. 

Cousin, if that boy hurtts you, I'll hurt him. 

That was obviously her favorite cousin, but she didn't know what he was talking about. 

The next words she'd heard were her father's but, too painful to think about properly. 

You've inherited your father's love for flying and, and your mother's love for lying and chocolate. 

Lorcan, when she had eaten too much chocolates and wasn't allowed to fly. 

As her godfather, I will protect her with my life, I promise. 

That had to be Fenrys, as her godfather, but those weren't words she remembered him ever saying. She really missed his jokes right now. Almost has much as her parents and flying. 

You'll be an amazing ruler one day. 

That voice sounded vaguely familiar, but she wasn't sure. 

Evalin. I like that name. 

Niall had said that, just the other night. 

There you are. I've been looking for you. 

She remembered this one vaguely. Right before she passed out after being rescued from the spring court, the person holding her had said that. Was it Niall?

Don't die. please.

Niall again. She didn't know why there were so many with him, but his voice was a comfort to remember right now. But he hadn't said that to her yet. She was scared for the day he may have to. 

I'm coming with you.

Niall again. Where was she trying to go?

We may not have gone through what our parents did, been abused, been betrayed, saved a kingdom, but we can love like them. 

She refused to acknowledge who's voice said that. 

I wish you would just look me in the eyes for once. 

Have I told you recently that I'm in love with you?

You're not alone. 

These words were growing too hard to think about, so she turned to go inside. 

She was stopped by a sharp pain where her shoulder met her neck. 

"What a mistake for a Galathynius to step out here alll alone. Hello, darling." 

She passed out right after recognizing the voice. Arobynn Hamel. 

...........

Niall flew back as quickly as he could he felt the moment her mind went dark. Something had happened. 

Something that's happened before. 

For the third time in the storyline, a loved one was stolen from right under the night court's nose. 

Two chapters in a day after months of nothing? Writer's block over, I think. I have to go to school for the next five days unless it gets cancelled, so I guess we'll have to see how long it takes to publish again. I hope you enjoy these pretty short chapters. My apologies again for the long wait.