Chapter 12

The video greatly inspired this first part. It's a great song. 

Elentyia walked the dark path, all alone. 

"Is anyone there?" 

Of course, there was no answer. 

She kept walking, soon running into iron bars. The bars of her prison. 

She was alone, trapped inside her own mind. 

She'd already failed. Her mother could recover from this. But she was lost. 

The fire of her soul was out. 

And no one cares. 

There's no one there. 

It became hard to breathe. 

She allowed herself to cry, here in this space between life and death, because no one could see her. No one would find her weak. 

She wished to be as great a queen as her mother one day, but she heard the whispers. The people talking. 

She's not as strong as her mother. 

When Aelin was her age, she knew better than to do that. 

What a stupid girl.

She's spoiled. Rotten. 

The kingdom will fall under her care. 

Her cousin, the Ashryver boy, has done great things. He should take the throne. 

Let us pray she finds her mate. Only he can help her now. 

The memories blended together, chanting out one continuous line. 

Not good enough. 
Not good enough
Not good enough. 

"Is anyone there to help me?" She whispered into the whispers. "I'm trying. I am strong. I am the descendant of a goddess. I've been taught all my life, how to act. 

Is anyone out there?" 

But a light grew behind that. and with it the voices of the people she loved. Even some voices and memories she didn't remember. 

Evalin Elentyia Galathynius, you are my firstborn, my pride and joy, one of the few things keeping me tethered to this life. 

Cousin, if that boy hurts you, I'll hurt him. 

Elentyia? You want to be called by your middle name because you saw the sadness in your mother's eyes at your name? 

You've inherited your father's love for flying, and you're mother's love for lying and chocolate. 

As her godfather, I will protect her with my life, I promise. 

You'll be an amazing ruler one day. 

Evalin. I like that name. 

There you are. I've been looking for you. 

Don't die. Please. 

I'm coming with you. 

We may not have gone through what our parents did, been abused, been betrayed, saved a kingdom, but we can love like them. 

I wish you would just look me in the eyes for once. 

Have I told you recently that I'm in love with you? 

You're not alone. 

She heard one voice, so many times. One she wasn't familiar with. It sounded amused and loving. It was the most beautiful voice she'd ever heard. 

It felt like she had someone's arms around her. 

You're not alone. 

Where Elentyia lay, unable to wake up, a single tear could be seen glistening on her cheek. 

...............

Sorry this chapter is so short. I hope to be able to write daily now, but I'm not sure what'll be happening in the next month since I have a lot going on in the family. I hope you liked Elentyia's perspective in her coma state. And about her feeling like a terrible ruler.