Chapter 24

If I make this story as long as the first one, then this is the halfway point. Wow. I started the first story in March, when I first joined Wattpad, and now here I am. I hope this turns out as good as the first time. 

Elentyia grinned as she stepped out of her cage, looking back once at the melted remains of the iron bars. 

"I'll do whatevder I can for you, but she usually has me under her control. If I feel another fit comijng on, I have to leave or I'll hurt you," Nehemia whispered. Sam was distracting Maeve in whatever way he could. It was time for her plan. 

She ran through the halls, not stopping when Nehemia did. there wasn't time to deal with a fit. Her job was done anyways. 

When Elentyia finally broke out into the sunlight for the first time in months, she had no time to breathe. The guards immediately noticed. 

The burned within a second. Who knew it was so easy to die? 

The firszt tent was in flames just as quickly. 

What a mistake to bring a living bomb to the middle of an army. 

"Shouldn't have told me you killed my best friends, Maeve."

............

Niall knew when it was time. 

He flew above the camp, looking for the signal. When he saw the flames shoot up, he attackde as well. Not to get to her, but to force the army back. There was no getting in or out. Maeve had too manhy of her own demons for that. This attack had a different purpose. 

Sam and Nehemia were out soon enough. Azriel had re-entered his network of spies months ago, and they had easy access to Maeve's personal circle. 

"Shouldn't have taken my mate, Amarantha." 

It hurt him, physically and mentally, to leave his mate there, but they both had important things to do. He sent her the collar through a spy as the camp settled down again. There were three reasons for the disturbance. 

Sam and Nehemia needed to be rescued,

Elentyia needed the last wyrdstone collar left across both realms,

And she needed Maeve to realize how dangerous she was. 

................

This is short, but I had to build some things up so that we can get to more interesting parts. I'm glad everyone liked the last chapter. Did anyone notice the references to the actual series?