Chapter 18

Video for the Niall and Elentyia scene. 

Elentyia stood on the balcony again. 

The demons were now living in the House of Wind. They may be evil, but many of them were polite. Only Prince Ceggan wouldn't talk to anyone. 

Yesterday, a prisoner had been taken after being caught entering Velaris. He claimed to be from Erilea, and not know what was happening. Elentyia would test that today.

The resurrected ones would lock themselves away every night so they wouldn't hurt anyone. The one night didn't go great, but no one was hurt. It was still odd, though. 

Elentyia was still mute. There was nothing she could do to help anyone.

"They're ready," Niall said from behind her. 

She nodded, and he led her to where the prisoner was being held. 

When she entered, her eyes widened. If she could, she would've gasped. 

Sitting in the chair was someone she'd only seen in pictures and memories. 

Arobynn Hamel's hateful face sneered at her. 

...................

"You look a lot like your mother." He laughed. 

Elentyia wrinkled her nose. 

The thing was, it was bad he was here. Really bad. 

His dying wish was to kill everyone Aelin loved. Many of those people were now here, as well as his own son. 

She couldn't really tell anyone either, since she couldn't speak. 

She turned to the guards at the door waiting for her. She shook her head and pushed between them. She didn't have the energy to handle this. 

.......................

Elentyia watched the sunset from the balcony. This was her life now. Wake up, feel her powers rising with the sun, sit there until someone made her eat, escape back to the balcony as soon as possible, think about anything she could, maybe come to realizations she couldn't tell anyone, someone would ask her opinion on something, she would shake her head and go back to her room. 

And from what the fire inside her was telling her, someone needed her opinion again. Or, maybe not. 

Niall leaned against the railing next to her. 

"You could just drag a chair out here if you're tired of standing, you know." 

She didn't respond. In any way. 

"Hey, are you alright?" She turned to him now, but didn't look further up than his chin. She nodded, just enough to tell. 

"I wish you would look me in the eyes for once." She almost lost her composure at that question. Almost hugged him. Almost. 

Shut up. Leave me alone she said in her head. 

"I know you're having a hard time. I do know what you're going through. I wish I could understand better. My parents want to help. They went through a lot when they were younger. Your friends, including the walking dead ones, understand though. They know more about it. They won't tell me why, but they know the reason you don't talk. I want to help. I'm here if you need anything. We can- well, not talk, obviously, but whatever you need. 

"You're not alone." 

She almost jumped again at the last sentence. 

She nodded and he turned to leave. 

Something made her grab his arm though. 

She almost panicked when he looked at her in question. 

"Thank you," she whispered. 

He was silent for just long enough for the anxiety kicked in. She didn't need him running all over telling everyone she was back. She didn't even know how she was able to do that. But then he answered. 

"You're welcome." He smiled, and did something unexpected. 

He hugged her. 

She stood there stiffly before relaxing and hugging him back. 

It was nice to be hugged again. She hadn't felt so safe since before everything happened. 

She couldn't let it go on for long again, in case it snapped into place. Now was not the time for that. 

.........................

This took a month, but... here it is? Is it alright? I'm not sure. ANYWAYS, did you get the hints placed throughout? Some of these lines you might recognize from chapter 12, but I didn't say anything... Thoughts on Arobynn? His son if you caught that?

I have a book of half written writing prompts published as well. Rules for that in the description and first page I think. Maybe I should write a writing prompt over there using the ToG plot (giving credit of course). 

Anyways, that's all I hoped you enjoyed and does anyone even read these? I realize they're super boring, but you never know what people might want to know.