Chapter 28

Two armies faced off. 

One, made up of demons and fallen warriors.

The other, made up of every brave fighter across two worlds. The armies of Terrasen and the night court. Ansel's men. Every legend ever spoken of. Even Nox Owens was there. 

For the face-off. 

The court of dreams and the Court of Terrasen. 

The demon drums began their steadfast beat, and they attacked. 

Maeve did not show her cards, though. 

Niall fought with all he had. He fought for Aelie, his dead sister he never got to meet. For his court, and for Evalin. 

He fought for his generation, the offspring of warriors of legends. He fought next to the daughter of Elide and Lucien. 

She looked soft on the outside, but she was as brave and powerful as anyone else on the inside. 

He fought next to the child of Mor and Asterin. 

They fought like a witch. The way they were trained. 

He fought next to Manon Blackbeak and her children. 

Next to Lorcan and Elide. 

Next to Gavrien, Lysandra, and Aedion. 

He fought next to Azriel, who was able to resist Maeve's pull, adn Petrah, who refused to leave her mate's side for any reason. 

He fought next to Aelin and Rowan, who dominated the battlefield just as they did the court, just as their daughter had. 

He fought net to Fenrys and Cassian, who were still just as good of friends as they had been years ago. 

Sam and Nehemia had been able to resist, and fought on their side as well. 

The battlefield was bloody, and the days long. The nights were longer, because the demons did not cease their fighting. 

After three days, they were all tiring, but still the demons pushed on. 

Still, Niall fought. 

Aelin didn't show her power. She fought as a human, and wouldn't reveal why. 

On the 4th day, they captured the cauldron. It did nothing to stop the flow of the demons. 

Gavriel found them soon after. 

He joined them. 

There was no time for Aedion or Gavrien to talk to him. 

Everyone was running out of time. 

The end of every world was coming, and thbere was nothing anyone could do to stop it. 

......................

I know it's been a really long time since I've written. I'm so sorry about that, I've had a lot going on. Here it is. It is coming to an end, but we're not quite as close as I thought we were. 

Anyways, have a good day/night.