Chapter 1

The video's just something to make you laugh. Enjoy 

Elentyia was once again in the garden practicing with her magic. 

Today was the day. The court of Aelin Galathynius meets the court of Dorian Havilliard. 

Their children face off, in a battle of power. 

It started from the competitiveness of her mother and Manon Blackbeak-Crochan. Now it was the main attraction every year. 

The children met and showed the growth of their power. It was a game, of sorts. 

This year, the games would be held in Orynth. As the host, Elentyia was expected to show her power. The power of Rowan Whitethorn and Aelin Ashryver Galathynius, the most powerful fae male in the known worlds and a goddess. 

A lot was resting on her shoulders. A lot for a sixteen-year-old. 

The horns sounded. Elentyia smiled. They were here. 

................

The royal family sat on their thrones in the ballroom, waiting for their guests. 

The guard that entered to announce the names was white. Aelin chuckled under her breath. It was nice to see a certain someone was already scaring her people. 

"Queen Manon Blackbeak-Crochan Havilliard and King Dorian Havilliard of Adarlan and their daughters, crown princesses Sorrel and Sorscha Havilliard."

The witch was first to enter, and cruel smile on her face. The guard glanced at her nervously as she passed. The queen was followed closely by her husband. 

Behind them was the two fourteen-year-old identical twins. Sorrel's white hair flowed down to her waist, and her golden eyes sparkled. The smile on her face was kind. 

Sorscha's hair went only to her chin, and the look on her face was one that promised pain for anyone in her way. 

While both twins resembled their mother, Sorrel loved to read and write and fly, while Sorscha loved fighting. 

The family approached the three thrones. 

"Your taste hasn't gotten any better in the past year," Manon said, smiling at the queen of Terrasen. "This room is still terribly boring." 

Aelin smirked. "Just like your personality." 

Manon rolled her eyes and took a seat in one of the many chairs around the room. Dorian nodded to the monarchs but said nothing. The twins were sizing up Elentyia. 

"Look while you can. This competition will be over as soon as I'm allowed to use m powers," The older girl said. 

Takes after you, Aelin heard in her head. 

She turned to look at her mate. I remember that being your personality as well. 

They were interrupted by the guard announcing another name. 

"Chaol and Yrene Westfall, Lord and Lady in King Dorian's court and their children, Josefin Westfall and Brian Westfall."

Chaol and Yrene entered, the latter carrying their newborn child, Brian. Behind them walked Josefin, their nineteen-year-old daughter. 

Josefin had her father's chestnut hair and her mother's golden-brown eyes and skin. Because of what her mother went through during the pregnancy, she was born deaf and blind in the left eye, but she learned to adapt and could easily keep up with the other children. 

She had the healing abilities of her mother, and her father had taught her to wield a sword should she ever need to protect herself, but she usually spent her days studying for college. She wanted to become a scientist, and instead of using her gifts to heal, she'd use them for studying nature, and coming up with better healing methods. 

Brian had his mother's rich-brown hair, and was already very peaceful for a baby. 

Elentyia rose with the permission of her parents and hugged Josefin. They had been good friends since childhood. The crown princess then guided the deaf girl to a seat and sat beside her. 

"Blood-sworn and lord, Aedion Ashryver and Lady Lysandra Ashryver of Carravere and their son, Gavrien Ashryver."

Aelin ran and hugged her cousin and best friend. The formalities were getting a little boring. 

"How is my favorite nephew?" She asked the young man behind them. 

"Hello, Aunt Aelin. You'll be happy to know your flirting lessons worked perfectly. I have a girlfriend." 

The queen gasped. "You have to tell me everything later. When the people who don't understand aren't around," she said, winking at her cousin, who was giving her a glare. 

Gavrien went straight to Elentyia and dropped a box in her hand. He whispered, but Aelin heard everything in her fae form. 

"Told you I could catch a mouse." 

Great. Another of their bets would probably end with an infestation of mice in the castle. 

"You're here for another year of competitions,"Aelin began. "This year's will include a race in animal form, a test to assess how well you know the history of your countries, your non-magical fighting abilties, your magical abilities, and finally, a test similar to the Illyrian Blood Rite. 

"The winner of the year gets to hold next year's competition, boasting rights, and a work-free trip to Wendlyn.

"I know you hear this every year, so you know the rules. No using iron or wyrdmarks, and no trying to kill each other. 

"You begin tomorrow morning." 

..............

I hope this first chapter lived up to your expectations, and that you'll be reading more. If you have any questions or are confused, comment about it. Thanks for reading!