Chapter 19

Right now, I am writing with a broken screen. It flashes pink and green, but there's nothing I can do. I really want to write and I have so many ideas. If there's anty spelling mistakes, I'm sorry, but it's really hard to see the screen. Also, I wish I could enter the whole wattys thing here, but I need parental permission, and I'm not even supposed to be on here. 

Elentyia walked slowly to breakfast the next day, which, in itself, was big change. She usually only ate when forced to, but here she was, voluntarily entering a room she hadn't been in for weeks. 

The rest seemed to have the same thoughts, because they looked at her in shock. 

All seven children of Hel were there, Niall and his parents, Gavrien, and Sam. 

Gavrien got over his shock quicker, and moved to make room for her between him and Niall. 

"It's good to see you feeling better." Niall said. She nodded, still not looking him in the eye. He didn't need to know yet. 

She hoped he didn't tell everyone about her progress. She didn't want to be expected to talk or give imput yet. She didn't even know how she was able to talk then. 

So she willed him to stay quiet in her head, hoping somehow The Goddess could hear her. 

Please don't tell them. I'm not ready. Not redy. Please don't. I can't talk. Not ready.

........................

Niall thought of Elentyia as he walked to breakfast. Her voice was breathtaking. Beautiful. Even rough after the misuse, he couldn't stop thinking about it. 

It was when she walked in not long after him that he was surprised. It was rare to see her atall unless you were looking for her specifically. Even with Fae sense of smell, she knew how to hide her scent. She knew how to hide. you could find her on the balcony, or not at all. She got into the smallest spaces and laid there for hours. Niall didn't think it was a conscious act. It ws just natural defense mechanism for when she felt threatened. She did that a bit after talking to their prisoner. She curled up on the balcony, so small and still you wouldn't even notice her if you had something else on your mind. 

When she sat down at the table, though, Niall jumped a bit. He often monitored the fire wall in her head, and there had just been a change. 

There was a hole in the wall, but it looked like it had been put there on purpose. He walked through, down a path lined with torches. He could tell part of her conscious brain had been shut down. She was like a robot with what she did. Did she know this? 

He got to the center, though, and it was still bright and active. There were so many colors, it reminded him of one of his mother's paintings. She said it was what her mind looked like when she was distressed. 

A few different scentences kept flashing. 

Please don't tell them. I'm not ready. Not ready. Please don't. I can't talk. Not ready.

She was directing this at him. She thought he'd tell them about her talking before she was ready. 

Why would I do that?  He asked. She jumped and looked at him in fear. 

Wh- How?- Scared. Ma- no. Not now. Her thoughts were as jumbled as the colors in her head. He couldn't make any of it out. 

I'd  never tell without your permission. Even then, I feel this urge to protect you. I don't know if they'd react in a calm way. 

But- why can you hear me? And respond? you're not supposed to be able to get in here. Even if you're- never mind. No. Not now. She was thinking so much at once. 

What not now? Do you want me to leave? I'm sor- 

No, please, don't go. It's fine. I can talk to someone. Finally. Somewhat regularly. 

I'm here when you need me. Unless you actually want to talk, I'll stay out. Promise. 

Thank you. 

...............

I know it's short, but the screen is really hurting my eyes right now.