Chapter 7

Hey guys, for those of you who remember from the last story, I was wondering what Crescent City was based off of. I have the best answer I can give you, in case you still want to know. Here:

Interviewer: In the past your books have taken inspiration from myths and fairytales such as Hades and Persephone and Hansel and Gretel (I did not realize Hansel and Gretel was an inspiration, but here's that) What were you inspired by for this series? 

SJM: It would be a bit of a spoiler to say. There are a lot of references that I think readers will pick up on, but I'll leave it a secret for now. 

I personally can't wait for the next book, and I hope this helps a little. Sorry there's no definite answer. 

She sat there and took the yelling. 

"Where the hell are our children Aelin?!" 

"You knew, didn't you?" 

"They could be dead right now, and we'd never know!" 

"Quiet," she said in a calm voice. "I know you're all upset with me-" 

"Our children disappeared and you know something about it!" Chaol interrupted, standing up threateningly. Aelin stared at him until he became uncomfortable and took a seat. 

"As I was trying to say, I understand why you are upset, but there are reasons for what has happened. I'll tell you as much as I can. Ask anything you want."

No one spoke for a good minute. 

Lysandra eventually did first. "Are they all alive at least?" 

"Yes, they are." 

"And where exactly are they then?" 

"Hard to say. You wouldn't believe me even if I told you anyways." 

"Try," Dorian said. 

"Two to Prythian, two to the future, two to worlds known and not."

"Can you be any more specific please?" Chaol asked hopelessly. 

"No, I can't. Next question." 

"You got this from your goddess powers or whatever, right?" Manon asked, as if bored. 

"My powers have notified me about what's going to happen." 

"If you can see the future, then tell us what's going to happen so we're prepared."

Aelin sighed. "It's complicated, messing with time. It's a burden I unwillingly carry, and cannot bestow to anyone else. All I can tell you is if the right choice is made, balance will be restored. If the wrong choice is made, chaos will erupt across every world. 

"Choose wrong, half of us will die, and the other half will be enslaved for life," she continued, getting more emotional. 

"Choose right, some of us may go to hell, others to heaven, but that was always going to happen right?

"Choose wrong, And the path is set. Terror unleashed across every living being. We're not going against demons this time. We're going against the laws of living. 

"Choose right, our children, grandchildren, descendants for at least ten centuries will live in peace. This will be a distant memory. Gavrien will live with his mate, the twins will grow to be wonderful rulers and find wonderful men. Cal will live the immortal life of his Fae side, with his brother and his mate. Elentyia-" her voice cracked."She's the one who may or may not make it, but if she does, she will rule over not one, but two strong kingdoms with her mate, and keep the peace across the lands.