Chapter 4

I might stop this story for a while in favor of going back and editing A Court of Fear and Longing, but I haven't decided. This just isn't turning out the way I wanted it. Thank you for your patience with my terrible writing. 

The video is what I'm essentially using as a trailer for my story. I think it fits well enough for Elentyia, even though it's meant for Aelin. This is not my video, and all credit goes to the actual creator. 

Aelin couldn't sleep. 

Every time she closed her eyes, she saw people from her past. People she hadn't seen in a long time. 

Sam, smiling at her from across a campfire. 

Nehemia, running through a dark forest, looking scared and lost. 

Gavriel's lion form standing at the edge of a cliff, staring at the moon. 

Azriel hugging Petrah as they cried together. 

Amren and Mor, looking proudly at a young girl. 

Rhysand and Feyre, standing over the grave of someone Aelin knew well. 

She and Rowan, grief in their eyes as they looked upon the dead body of their daughter. 

A creature she knew nothing about, tall and thin, veiled in dark robes, the smile on it's face quickly fading as it began to claw at its face in agony. 

Manon, blood dried in her hair and death in her face. 

You're afraid. Of yourself more than anyone else in the world.

You make me want to live, Rowan. Not survive; not exist. Live.

The world will be saved and remade by dreamers. 

There is a better world out there. And I have seen it.

You could rattle the stars. You could do anything, if only you dared. And deep down, you know it, too. That's what scares you most.

 Magic makes people dangerous. 

The fear of loss ... it can destroy you as much as the loss itself.

Hers was not a story of darkness. 

Everybody is something. Even the most common witch has her coven.

a lovely girl gazing at the stars, and the stars who gazed back.

Her magic whispered to her, told her to remember. Watch events from the past, think of the  present, learn of the future. 

What she saw scared her. 

What the future held was not kind. The spirits of the deep weren't done with her yet. Weren't ready to leave her alone. 

Death. Death was in the future, and sadness, but life lay beyond it. A beautiful life. One day, they'd get there, but the events of tomorrow would set off a chain reaction. 

The future wasn't clear yet, not completely. 

Hate to love, love to hate, friends to enemies, life to death, death to life, truth and lies, sorrow and joy, birth and growth. 

Her fate wove together with others. Her mate would survive, that she knew. But her life depended on the choices of another, and either way, sadness would come. 

Names of the ones she didn't yet know flashed through her head. 

Bailey, Andromache, Adres.

Places she once knew long ago. 

The Night Court, the Illyrian war camps, Prythian. 

All of it would start tomorrow. One event, setting it all on the track, whether it was the right or wrong one. 

It would start and end with her daughter. Her poor daughter, born into the wrong family. 

Thank you for reading. You may not understand everything, but there's a lot of foreshadowing in this chapter. I hope my updates can be a little better in the future, as well as my editing for A Court of Fear and Longing.