58. The gift

I cry even harder after hearing him say that. I clap my hands together for the marriage we never knew was going to happen. I look at Jungwoo and he is in shock and just claps.

Taeyong: your gift made all this happen

Y/n: I know, that’s why I wanted you to read the letter and open the gift

Taeyong: how did you know this would change my mind?

Y/n: I have no idea, I just wanted to say my part in your life

Jungwoo: what was the gift anyways?

Flashback to the gift- Taeyong’s point of view

Taeyong: you didn’t need to bring a gift

Y/n: it’s mostly for me anyways, see you soon *leaves the room*

Taeyong: it was good seeing you *wipes off a tear*

I can’t believe tears are dripping down from my chin. Seeing her is supposed to make me feel better, but right now I just feel like I lost something to precious.

Why did I beg her to come here when seeing her now breaks me in two. I know if I marry Makushita now no one of us will be happy. My father might be happy, nobody else.

Why didn’t I meet Y/n earlier in life? If I just went into actions the second I meet her, she would be my beautiful bride. Waiting for me to kiss her as they say we are now husband and wife. 

She was brave enough to enter this wedding. She must be in pain, seeing the one she loves marry another woman. I know if I saw Y/n marry someone else that, I would beat the crap out of that guy and send him to the hospital.

I broke her, she broke me. We broke each other for no reason. The priest comes in ten minutes, I have ten minutes to open Y/n’s gift. When I pick up her box, a letter falls down.

The first thing I read is “don’t open the package/gift until you are done reading this 😊”. She even placed a smiley emoji. She really tried her best to be happy for me. I open the letter and start reading it.

Taeyong: *reading the letter*

Hey its me Y/n, I don’t know if I will give you this after the wedding or before you get married. Anyways this letter is very important to me, more than you think. Taeyong my whole life has been a mess. I was in love with this guy named Hugo, the one that came to work.

I was young, very young and I got my heart broken every single second I was with him. I tried my best to keep him close, by always being there for and with him. It was no use, not even a tiny bit. He treated me like a person he works for, no one else.

I gave up on love, it made me feel pain and made me realize how people are like. I moved out of the royal place, to feel the independent of being Y/n and not the daughter of a great rich guy.

Taeyong: why didn’t you tell me any of this? *sits down*