47.

———

"Can I take you to breakfast?" Yuta asked Hui the next morning.

"You do know it's noon right?"

"No, I didn't." Yuta said surprised. "My question still stands, want to get breakfast?"

"Sure, where?"

"Uh I don't know, what's good around here?"

"You're going to make me decide? That's rude Yuta."

"Please. I'll pay. Even if you order something insanely expensive. Like don't, please, I'm still in high school, but I'll pay."

"Okay, deal."

Yuta followed Hui through the city, a wallet and a dead phone in his pocket. Part of him felt like he was too trusting of Hui, maybe he purposefully didn't give him a charger last night, he could be leading him to an alley to kill him. But then again, why would he do that?

They walked into a restaurant that seemed to serve sandwiches and salads mainly. They also had a rack of pastries you could add to your meal.

"This place has really good Chicken Caesar sandwiches. It's one of my favorite things on the menu." Hui told him. They ordered some food and sat down with their drinks as they waited to be served.

"What do you have planned for today?" Yuta asked him to start up a conversation.

"I don't really have plans for today, you can stay with me again, of course, only if you want to. Otherwise, I'll probably end up watching Netflix, maybe make myself some dinner, do laundry. I'm just planning on laying low tonight. I can buy us some alcohol if you want to drink, we can just stay in my apartment." Hui offered.

"I don't have anything planned until Monday so I can stay another night if you want me to. If not I can just take the train back. I'll do whatever you want me to do." Yuta wanted to stay with him another night. He wanted to continue hanging out with him, but he was scared he would overstep. He didn't want to stay longer than Hui wanted him to.

"Okay, well, unless you want to leave, I say you stay the night again." Hui smiled shyly.

"Ok, I will."

———

Yuta and Hui hung out all night, they watched a movie, but the entire time was spent snuggling and holding hands. Both boys craved an intimacy that they lacked beforehand. Both of them needed close contact with another person, and they found the closeness that they desired in each other.

It felt wrong to Yuta. He felt like he was using Hui as a rebound. He wasn't sure if all the comfort he felt was due to having someone close or if it was something only Hui could fill. For now, he accepted the comfort. He didn't want to question it because that would only cause pain and confusion.

Sunday morning, Yuta woke up before Hui. He watched the man beside him sleep. Hui looked so calm and at peace. After shuffling to get a better view, he accidentally woke him up.

"Morning." He said. Both boys smiled at each other. They talked for a while until the room felt too tense. They couldn't avoid the topic forever.

"Hey, so I had a lot of fun with you this weekend." Yuta said.

"Yeah, I did too."

Yuta awkwardly looked away. "Should I expect to see you again?"

Hui smiled. "Please do. I've enjoyed it." Yuta looked back at him grinning. "Give me your number, I'll text you when your phone isn't dead. Maybe I can see you again next weekend."