13.

———

Chapter 12. Part A, Trigger Warning Summary:
The suicide note left from Jaehyun's best friend, Doyoung, the night he died. Readers learned that Doyoung had been struggling with depression and "darkness" for a long time, and Jaehyun was always there for him.

———

Taeyong and Ten continued to be near each other at school that next week. Taeyong couldn't keep going over to Ten's apartment or his parents would become too suspicious.

"Have you found any cute girls at school?" His parents asked him during dinner one day. Taeyong felt awkward. He knows the answer must be yes. He knows some of the girls and talks to them, but he feels as though saying yes would be bad if Ten and him ever got together.

"A few, all of my choices are people I have been with for the past couple years anyway so I already know them." Taeyong answered. He was not planning to date a first year, not even a second year. It felt too awkward for him. In the next year he is going to be an adult, he didn't want to date a child for 3 years after being an adult.

"When will we get to meet them." His parents teased him.

"After I do, you can meet anyone I date as long as I met them first." Taeyong was being honest but said it jokingly, keeping the mood light between them.

"Well of course, darling." His mom said. "We just want to see you with another girl again. You've been single for 2 years." That's a lie, Taeyong hasn't been single for 2 years. His parents don't know about the small relationships he has had in between.

"I just haven't found the right person, why should I waste my time?" Taeyong said. "If I find someone I want to date, I'll bring them home." Taeyong specified with gender neutral pronouns, just so he doesn't make any false promises.

"I can't wait to meet whoever she will be." His dad added in, bringing the conversation to a close. Taeyong wanted to add that maybe it won't be a girl, but even he didn't feel comfortable in saying he might be attracted to a boy.

The next day, Taeyong went over to Ten's apartment. Taeyong's parents believe he is going to work on a project for his science class with his partner, but they don't know that there is no project. Today, Ten and Taeyong continued watching their marvel movie marathon. Ten bought more popcorn since the last time Taeyong came over, so they cooked up a bag to share between them. They had watched The Hulk without popcorn, but the entire movie just consisted of Ten and Taeyong kissing and awkward silences with a foot of empty space between them.

The second Ten pressed play on the movie, Taeyong opened the popcorn, proceeding to get it forcefully taken away from him. Ten held the popcorn as far away from Taeyong as possible. Taeyong reached over Ten to try to grab it, but he failed. At one point Taeyong was about to climb over Ten's lap to get the popcorn, but he stopped himself once he realized.

"Why'd you take the popcorn?" Taeyong asked.

"Because I bought it." Ten shrugged and answered, turning his attention to the screen.

"Can I have some popcorn?" Taeyong asked.

Without looking toward Taeyong, Ten answered. "No, it's mine."

Taeyong could tell Ten was doing this to be funny, and although it didn't seem very funny to Taeyong he didn't want to tell Ten to stop. It would've added tension in the room that they didn't want. Taeyong pouted his lip, hoping Ten saw, and turned his attention to the TV. Taeyong didn't know Ten's plan for tonight. Ten knows Taeyong likes him enough as a friend, but Ten wants to push that just a bit more, so he can get what he has been wanting ever since he moved. A friend with benefits.