51.

👀

———

Taeyong woke up first, initially confused about where he was. Something he has always hated about vacations. Everyday you wake up somewhere new, making you feel like you've been kidnapped. It only took about 5 seconds of active thinking, but it was a minute of panic before remembering where he was and who that guy in the other bed is.

He remembered last night, which made it strange to him that Jaehyun was in the other bed. Taeyong had fallen asleep last and was so tired he didn't want to move. The queen size beds were big enough for the two of them to share, and would've been cheaper to just buy one, but he didn't want to make Jaehyun uncomfortable.

Taeyong had grabbed a "What to eat in __" booklet for all the places they were going to visit. The food that they get is one of the most important things. A happy belly = a happy person. A happy Jaehyun = a good vacation. A good vacation for him and Jaehyun is all he wanted.

He began to worry though. As Jaehyun continues to sleep on the other bed, his mind began to race. When did Jaehyun move back to his actual bed? Was he upset that he had to move? Is he going to be upset when he wakes up? What if this ruins the entire vacation?

Taeyong's heart began to race. Last nights ramen was the only thing in his stomach, yet he became super nauseous. What is he going to do? He hated the cycle he was falling into. Every time he gets anxious, he feels like throwing up, but what if he vomits in front of Jaehyun? He can't do that, so he gets more anxious. He has to find some way to calm-

"Hey Tae." Jaehyun looked over from his bed. "You trying to get me to wake up?"

All through his head Taeyong was saying no. No, he didn't want him to wake up, he wanted him asleep for at least five more minutes.

"Was I making too much noise?" He asked calmly.

"No, it's all good, what time is it anyway?"

"About 9:30."

"Oh that's not bad, basically time for breakfast." Jaehyun said. He was starving and wanted food badly. On the other hand, Taeyong couldn't imagine putting food in his stomach.

"Yeah sure." Taeyong went with it. "There's a couple of places in this if you want to find one you like." He handed him the booklet. While Jaehyun was skimming the booklet, Taeyong sneakily took his morning anxiety medicine, hoping Jaehyun wouldn't notice.

Jaehyun was wrapped up in all the options laid out to him. All he wants is pancakes. Lots of pancakes. "Let's go here" he pointed to a picture that looked tasty.

"Okay sounds good." Taeyong got out his phone and started typing in the address.

Jaehyun looked over and started to giggle.
"You getting Siri to guide us again?"

Taeyong paused what he was doing to look at the judgemental Jaehyun. "...Maybe..."

———

The two boys sat and talked in a quiet booth eating their breakfast. Taeyong had since calmed down to the point that eating was appealing to him.

"This is really good!" Jaehyun said whilst stuffing his mouth full of pancake. Taeyong laughed at the sight.

"I agree, mine is also very good." He took a normal size bite of his eggs. "I'm not about to make myself look as stupid as you did though."

"You call it stupid, I call it joy." Jaehyun's eyes rolled back as he exaggerated how good the pancakes were. "This is what I needed."

"Do you need a private room to enjoy your pancakes?" Taeyong asked with a smirk on his face.