14.

———

Yuta, Hansol, Winwin, and Taeil all met up after school to hang out. Today was Winwin's turn to host the 4. So far, Taeil is the only person Winwin has brought to his house.

Throughout the drive over, Yuta looked out the window, watching the streets he knows turn into places he's never been. Winwin's house is much further away from the school than any of the others houses. He lives in a gated, secluded area, keeping out unwanted guests and annoyances. The high school is not in the best part of town, the houses are cheaper, but very run-down. This is where Yuta lives. As the boys drive further away, the houses gradually become nicer, gaining multiple levels, neat yards, organized neighborhoods, etc.

Eventually, they reach Winwin's neighborhood, one of the nicest parts of Seoul. Automatically, Yuta felt uneasy. The boys have only visited Hansol's and Taeil's house so far, but next time they hang out, it will be Yuta's turn. Saving the best for last?

The black, metal gate opens with a click of a button. The car pulls through and guides the boys to the back of the neighborhood. "We're here!" Winwin announced, turning off and climbing out of the car. Yuta was unaware of his mouth gaping open until Hansol signaled to him to close it.

"This is where you live?" Hansol asked obviously shocked.

"Yes," Winwin was aware he had a huge house, he understood many people were jealous of him. "It's much bigger than my family needs. We only have 4 people in our family." He told the group.

"All this for four people?" Yuta was clearly in shock. His family has 5 people in it, but his house is much smaller. Yuta has to share a room with his two sisters because they don't have enough rooms in their house.

Winwin nodded his head and led them inside. "My brother shouldn't be home until later so we don't have to worry about him annoying us." The boys stayed quiet for the most part, especially Yuta. None of the boys have seen Yuta's house, but that is for good reason. Yuta is not confident in sharing where he comes from with his friends. All of them have nicer houses than he does by far, but Winwin's is too overwhelming for him. How is he supposed to impress the boys?

The boys were over there to hang out, play video games, and eat. They created a fighting tournament where 2 people play against each other and the other 2 watch. When Taeil and Hansol were going against each other, a maid came into the room offering some food to everyone. Everyone accepted and paused the game to eat.

"This is really good." Yuta commented. He hummed in enjoyment as he ate. He looked at his watch, seeing his mind level grow a bit every second. "Man, feeling rich just makes me feel so much happier." Yuta said to the boys. "Look." He said, changing his watch face to show only his mind level, hiding the rest. They watched as his mind became better and better.

"People say money can't buy happiness." Taeil pointed out. "Your mind level is probably going up because you're with us." He said kindly but was also calling Yuta a liar when that wasn't true.

When they went back to the game, Yuta and Winwin were still waiting for their turn. "Do you really think you became happier because you've been treated as if you were rich?" Winwin asked, he was genuinely curious and also wanted to break the silence between the boys.

"I don't know, I think so. It felt nice, and you seem to be happy. " Yuta said looking at his full display on his watch. Eyeing the Finance level hovering at a safe 25 and his Mind level around 75. Winwin glanced over and saw his levels, feeling sorry for the boy as he looked at the finance level. Winwin can't think of a time he let any of his levels get below 30. He always had some fix to make him feel better. "I know money doesn't buy happiness, but it does make it a lot easier to be happy." Yuta smiled to Winwin, but behind his eyes, Winwin could see there was pain.