18.

Yeri was over at Doyoung's house without him there. He had to make a trip to the pizza shop for the three teenagers. Jaehyun was keeping Yeri company though.

In middle school, Yeri and Jaehyun dated. It was nothing serious, they never even kissed, but they still count it as dating. Over the years they have grown out of the awkwardness, becoming able to talk and joke about it openly with each other. What started out as a relationship, turned into an amazing friendship. The two trusted each other with information they couldn't even tell Doyoung, Yeri's boyfriend and Jaehyun's best friend.

There were days where Yeri and Doyoung's relationship could be better. For the most part, they didn't argue. When they did, Jaehyun became scared. He knew that if the two of them broke up he would have to choose a side. There would be times where both Yeri and Doyoung would text Jaehyun about the problems they were having. Of course, fixing these problems made Jaehyun happy, but sometimes those problems caused him a lot of stress. He felt like he needed to solve them, and if he didn't, then he was about to lose a friend.

Today was the start of a never-ending downward spiral.

Yeri and Doyoung's relationship has been healthy for a long time. There were no real problems in their relationship until today. Doyoung walked into the house with three pizzas. Two cheese and a pepperoni pizza. The teenagers were content with the food and filled their plates. They talked for a while about the random things that go on in their life.

"I should probably go home soon." Jaehyun mentioned to the group, knowing it would be another 20 minutes before he would be allowed leave the others alone.

"No don't leave us, Jay." Yeri whined giving him puppy eyes. Jaehyun smiled, expecting that to be the reaction.

"How come you always tell Jay not to leave but don't tell me not to leave?" Doyoung asked his girlfriend. Jaehyun went speechless, deciding it was better to not say anything.

"Well, it's just that I see you a lot more, I don't get to see Jay as much." Yeri explained.

"Jay is almost always with us when we hang out. The only time he doesn't is on our dates." Doyoung complained. He loved Jaehyun as a friend but thought that it was stupid how Yeri treated him so differently.

"Yeah, but usually we hang out at your house so you don't say you have to go soon." Yeri thought of and immediately said.

"Yeah, that's true." Doyoung said, Jaehyun sighed in relief. He didn't like to see his friends fight, especially over something as petty as this. "Why do you need to leave?" Doyoung asked Jaehyun.

"I have to work tomorrow, I still need to take a shower and get a good nights rest." Jaehyun explained. Right at that moment, Doyoung's garage door started to open. His mom must finally be home from work. She walked in setting all her stuff down in a chair.

"Hi Ms. Kim." Yeri and Jaehyun greeted.

"Hello children. How are you?" She asked with a smile.

"I'm good, I was just about to head out though." Jaehyun told her.

"Oh I'm sorry I just got home then, I could've been here earlier but there was so much traffic. Some sort of concert downtown." She said.