33.

———

JN: you missed out on a really fun night, but I know you probably wouldn't have enjoyed it.
JN: you could've hung out with me and Jaemin though, I think you would like him, he's fun

RJ: Sorry I missed out, if you guys hang out again at something that is not a dance I'd be happy to join

JN: I hope we do, because the dance was very awkward with a whole bunch of people I didn't know, you should've gone

RJ: Jeno, no

JN: I know, I know
JN: I'm sorry, I'm being selfish

RJ: it's fine, I understand, don't make me feel bad about something I can't change

JN: right, I won't
JN: I still want you to meet Jaemin though. I wanna know what you think of him
JN: for me :)

RJ: okay jenojam i'll meet him

———

There was another game that happened tonight. Jungwoo was excited to finally have a longer day away from his parents, even though this week at school had been terrible for him. Since he and Lucas got caught by the homophobic teacher, he hasn't been allowed to do anything except attend school and do homework. He has been able to work on his laptop but his parents have an application that tracks everything he does so he can't even email Lucas or do anything except schoolwork. Lately, he has been hanging out with Woojin but after weeks of hardly hanging out with him, Woojin felt used. He felt like Jungwoo didn't actually care about him, he only cared when it benefitted him. Although Lucas and Jungwoo can handle not having sex with each other, the lack of quality time was the most difficult thing.

Jungwoo was terrified to even look at Lucas when they were at school, much less talk to him. The only way they got around that was planning when they would ask to go to the bathroom during class and meet up just to talk, hug, and usually kiss. They were both too scared to text during the day, in fear they would get caught by his parents.

The boys went out to eat with the team before the game. While at dinner, the boys held hands and were as cute as possible since they knew they wouldn't be able to talk for the whole weekend.

Jungwoo felt his phone buzzed and he looked at the notification.

MOTHER: come home.

He tried to ignore it but minutes later he received another text.

MOTHER: Now.

JW: why, our game starts in 30 minutes, you said I could go to the game?

MOTHER: we said you could go to the school then go to the game, but your father and I see you are no longer at the school.

JW: since when do you track me? The team always goes out to dinner before games.

MOTHER: prove it.

Jungwoo sighed and stood up. "Hey can you all look at me for a picture, my mom needs proof that I'm with you all." Everyone smiled for the picture and went back to their conversations. He sent the picture to his mom and waited for her response.

MOTHER: next time tell us when you are going to eat with the team, you weren't supposed to leave the school.

JW: okay

———

One week later

———

It's too much. He spoke to himself. I can't take this. It's too much to carry. I can't do this anymore. I can't-