CHAPTER 9: Ellerie

I don't know what it is about this guy that gets me all giddy and feeling like an excited teen girl everytime he comes near me as well as give me butterflies, but I like it.

I have never believed in meeting someone like him and never in a million years thought I would fall for someone like him who happens to be a Mafia Boss.

However, he treats me really well. Okay, maybe I can't say that just yet and am probably getting ahead of myself here. I mean, after all, Lankin started being sweet to me in the beginning.

I don't know though. It isn't fair for me to judge this person. He treats me good even as an employee and is really into me and brings out the inner confidence I have apparently had hidden somewhere deep inside.

Tonight though, I had realized after looking through my closet that I needed to get a new dress (seeing as I only seemed to have a couple and not many other clothes in general) and felt like neither one would suffice, so I decided to grab my purse and head over to the mall nearby and get one.

When I got downstairs though, I had somehow forgotten for a brief moment exactly who I was dating now after being reminded when I saw a couple of his men waiting downstairs at the table playing a card game with a few of his other men and two of them stood up.

"Miss." Both men greeted me.

"Come on guys. Call me Elle or Ellerie, just like you've all been doing since I started working here. Nothing is going to change just because I am going on a date with your boss, alright?!?" I tell them.

"Okay. But you have to understand and realize that we do still have a job to do and that Rourke Chambers is our boss." They reminded me.

"Of course." I replied with a chuckle.

"Now, where did you plan on going to?" One of them asks me.

"I need to get something nice to wear for tonight." I tell them.

"Alright. I know a good place that my sister really likes." One of them tells me.

"Okay, great!" I reply and we start heading out to the car then take off towards the mall.

While walking around I have to admit that having them with me is nice and reassuring when it comes to feeling safe and secure-just the way I always seem to feel around Rourke.

However, there is a con to this as I am sure this will get old one of these days to have these 'bodyguards' with me whenever Rourke isn't around me.

For now though, since I hate the mall in general anyways, I want to hurry in and hurry out, after one of the guys showed me the shop his sister likes, I walked inside as they did too and I ended up trying some things on until a few outfits later, I finally chose one and a pair of shoes to match.

When I went up to the register to pay, before I could take out any cash, I had noticed one of his men pushed my hand away and handed the girl a credit card.

"I can pay myself, thank you." I tell him.

"Boss wouldn't like that." The guy smiles at me.

"Well I will deal with him then, but I am paying...." I started but next I heard the girl had already used his card.

The guy laughs and I just rolled my eyes. Then after we were finished we started to head back to the house.

Once inside, I noticed both Phantom and Rourke were talking to each other, then noticed Rourke had some blood on his hands and shirt.

He looked to be upset and out of breath with clenched fists at his side when he looked at me with his disheveled hair.

I have never seen him this upset before. Oh my god, I hope he didn't just kill somebody.

"Elle, why don't you go upstairs?" Phantom asks me.

"What happened?" I ask while taking a few steps towards him and him quickly stopping me.

"Please. Go upstairs." He pleads again.

"No." I reply then walk past him towards Rourke as he is starting to stomp into his office.

"What happened?!" I demanded from him.

"Go upstairs." Rourke tells me in a somewhat calming tone with his back to me as he starts scrubbing his hands hard under the faucet water.

"No! You better tell me or this will never work with you and me. Besides, it isn't like this is the first time I have seen you upset after a meeting." I point out.

It takes him a moment and after he lets out a breath of air, he next turns around to face me while drying his hands with a hand towel.

"There's a reason I don't tell you about meetings. That's just something you will have to learn to deal with. It's MY business and doesn't concern you." He says rather harshly but I know there is some truth to that as well.

"If that's the way it is going to be between you and I, then I would rather not be with you. I already know what you do. I have apparently looked passed that detail and still want to give 'us' a chance. However, if you don't talk to me, especially when you get this upset, then we will never work." I tell him.

I stand there for another moment or two and he looks away, avoiding eye contact with me and looking as if he isn't going to tell me. So I just nod my head and accept that as the fact he isn't really serious about us.

It hurts of course but I guess it's my fault for ever believing this would ever really work out. I mean, honestly, what am I doing here?
So I next begin to walk out the door.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)