CHAPTER 16: Rourke

It took me a while to get used to the idea and some convincing before I eventually agreed to have her become a part of my lifestyle in a way. 

I ended up contacting Lankin the next day after I kicked him out. We agreed to finally meet up with each other and make a deal. But first, I needed to get things set up with the FBI agents. 

They said that in order to get enough evidence to take both him and his clients down for good, They predicted that it might take a couple of months because there's a big 'charity/auction' annual event that has been held by one of the most dangerous Mafia bosses out there and who had actually helped get my father started. 

I wanted nothing to do with it personally, but yet, I know this is the only way out of this and to start all over again, but I hate this. However, I just need to keep reminding myself who I am doing this for.......Of course, my cousin but now, also, the woman I plan to start a life with. 

It has been a week since things had been put into place and I had scheduled a meeting with Lankin and a few of his men for today and although Ellerie and I had agreed on her joining me for the meetings with him, she seemed to be running a few minutes late and since I don't tolerate that, I started. 

While sitting in my office beginning with our first meeting with Lankin and his men, we were going over a few ideas I had to make for certain upcoming transactions, when we heard the door open and in walked Ellerie.  She was dressed in a skirt that goes above her knees, a little higher than I'd like, along with a nice fitting top that shows off her curves perfectly and her hair styled sexy while wearing the knee high-heel boots she had been wanting for a while. 

"Sorry I was late." She says while walking into the room. 

At first, Phantom, a few of my other men in the room here as well as Lankin and his men and I were too busy looking at her walking up towards the desk all confident and completely fuckable right now, that neither of us said anything right away. Then finally I snapped back to the moment. 

"Uh..." I say before clearing my throat and make all the guys shake their heads and any sexual fantasy they were thinking of while eyeing my girl. 

"So, what did I miss?" She repeats and smiles all innocently as if she has no idea what she's doing to all of us here. 

"Uh..." I clear my throat a little bit and tried to hide my irritation with her outfit of choice as I replied. "You're late." 

"I'm sorry about that." She says while sitting down beside me. 

"Elle, shouldn't you be getting us all drinks or something? Because if you don't mind, the men here, have business to tend to." Lankin remarks. 

We all look at him for having the nerve to tell my girl what to do. I had to keep reminding myself in my head that I had to make sure I kept my cool. 

"Let's continue. And for the record, from here on out, she gets to be here at the meetings." I tell him. 

Things were a bit awkward for a little while and I made it through the rest of the meeting without killing him or gauging out the eyeballs of his men who were eye-fucking Ellerie. 

Once we signed a few contracts and his men had left, I told Phantom to leave and to shut the door behind him. As soon as he did, that's when I nearly lost it almost but restrained myself. 

"That went better than expected." She comments. 

"Elle, please do me a favor and not wear outfits like that around other men. Especially him." I tell her. 

"Why not?" She asks. "I thought it would look good and I have always wanted to wear outfits like this and figured since I have lost some weight and have been feeling better about myself, I thought why not?! Don't I look good?" She asks me. "I mean, I also wore this for you." 

I know she was being serious and clueless at the same time and I was trying not to be controlling but the outfit she had on was almost seeming like she didn't wear it for me entirely. 

"Of course you look good. You look great, in fact. But didn't you wear that for someone else a little more?" I ask. 

"Are you being serious right now?" She asks. 

"It was obvious. Don't think I for one second didn't see the blushing you did when you noticed a few of the men were looking you up and down." I tell her. "Admit it, you liked the attention. You WANTED it."

She starts to glare at me before walking a few feet in front of me and looks like she is hurt but also pissed off. Then out of nowhere, the next thing I feel is a slap before she turns on her heel towards the door......

To Be Continued........ (I will post for sure tomorrow, Monday)    ;)