ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 15 | ᴀ ꜱᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ

I felt kind of upset after Jeno seemed to be mad at Haechan or me. Even though he had said he wasn't, it seemed like he really was.

I kept sighing while thinking about it and Renjun who was sitting next to me clearly noticed something was off.

"what's wrong?" he asked and i turned to him

"Jeno"

"did you tell him about your feelings?"

I nodded and sighed again.

"well, did it go wrong?" Renjun asked

"no, it's not that. but i can't tell you just yet"

He looked at me with a confused expression "why? what is it?"

"Renjun, i promise i'll tell you later. just give me some time"

"okay okay, talk to me when you're ready" he said and patted my head

I smiled shortly and looked at the pen in my hand. I thought i'd be happy now that we're dating but then it was like this immediately?

The first class ended and i went to the parking hall, as always. Jeno was the only one there and he smiled as i stepped to him.

"hi" he said "how was science?"

"boring" i said and leaned on one of the cars, sighing

Jeno noticed my expression and raised an eyebrow "is something wrong?"

"hm? no, it's nothing"

"you seem upset. what is it?"

I gulped "something just kinda bothers me"

"what?" Jeno asked and stepped closer to me "what is it, Jaemin?"

"are you mad at me? or Haechan?"

"no? why would i be?"

"you seemed mad" i mumbled and Jeno sighed

"oh, that. don't worry, i am not mad at you or Haechan. i just felt kinda annoyed when he kept asking stuff about, you know, us" he said and i nodded

"but why can't we just tell them?"

Jeno stepped closer to me and put his hands on my waist "sorry, Jaemin. can you just wait for like a few weeks? let's keep it a secret between the three of us, okay?"

"okay" i said and sighed, looking down at my feet "i'm sure Haechan won't tell anyone"

Jeno was about to pull me into a hug but then we saw the others coming. He quickly stepped back and cleared his throat. I just kept looking at my feet until i felt an arm around my shoulders. I looked to my side and saw Haechan.

"why do you look so sad?" he asked and i moved his arm away

"nothing" i said faked a smile "i was just zoning out"

Haechan shrugged "okay then"

The school day went by pretty fast, nothing special or unusual happened.

I got back home and just went into my room. Jeno still had one class left and we had planned on watching a movie together later.

I was playing a game on my phone when suddenly mom called me. I smiled and picked up.

"hi mom"

"hi sweetheart, how are you?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. Mom's voice sounded somehow off.

"i'm fine. but what about you?"

"actually i-i wanted to tell you that i'm gonna stay here for another month. it hasn't been even a month yet, i know, but i already promised my manager i can stay"