ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 30 | ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ

"what?" Mrs.Lee asked with wide eyes "what do you mean?"

"Jay, do you remember the girl who has a crush on Jeno?"

Jay nodded slowly "yes, if you're talking about Chaeryeong"

"i think she has something to do with this. who else would know to call me if they did something to Jeno? unless he told them but i don't think that's it" i said and Jay nodded

"you're right. i've heard really weird things about that bitch-"

"Jay! don't talk like that" Mrs.Lee cut him off and he just rolled his eyes

"i've heard weird stuff about that girl. i wouldn't even be surprised if she has something to do with this"

I gulped "but what would she do? i'm sure she doesn't want Jeno to get hurt"

"i don't know" Jay said and sighed "but we have to ask her. do you have her number?"

"no but i'm pretty sure Renjun has it. they have a lot of classes together. i'll go call him right now"

Jeno pov :

"fuck!" i screamed out of frustration when the ropes weren't getting any loosened

I panted and closed my eyes, trying to calm down. I knew i shouldn't panic because that would only make things worse but i was getting really anxious.

I was still thinking about Jaemin. I had no idea if he was safe or if something had happened to him.

I opened my eyes again and tried to see something in the dark room. My eyes were already almost used to the dark but it was still really hard to see. I didn't know what i was looking for but i still wanted to try.

Then i noticed something shiny near the door. I squinted my eyes, trying to see what it was. Suddenly i realized it.

When Chaeryeong came into the room earlier, she had a nail file in her hand.
I didn't know if she dropped it or just left it there accidentally but that wasn't important.

The nail file wasn't really a sharp object, but it was the only chance i had. I had to try it.

Carefully, i tried to make the chair move. It took a few minutes and i almost tripped a dozen of times but finally, i got next to where the nail file was.

Now the only thing was to figure out how i could use it.

Jaemin pov :

"of course i have her number, but why do you need it?" Renjun asked over the phone

"i think she did something to Jeno. just please help me and give her number to me"

"oh my god, of course. tell me if you need anymore help. i don't even feel like sleeping anymore"

"yeah, thank you Renjun"

"no problem. i'll send it to you now"

He ended the call and not even ten seconds later i got a message from him.

Renjunnie :3
*sent a contact*

Me
Thank you so much babe

Renjunnie :3
Shut up and go get ur boyfriend

I went back to the living room and Jay and Mrs.Lee both stared at me, waiting for something to happen. I took a deep breath and sat down on the couch.

"i got her number" i said and they both sighed in relief

"are you gonna call her now?" Jay asked, i thought about it for a second and then nodded

I took my phone out again and dialed Chaeryeong's number. The phone beeped for about ten seconds before someone picked up.

"hello, is this Chaeryeong?"

"yes, who are you?"

"have you seen Jeno?"

"wait, you're Jaemin, aren't you?"

"yes" i said and heard a quiet chuckle from her

"why the fuck would you think i've seen him? Jeno probably hates me and i already got over him. also you woke me up so fuck both of you"

"what? but-" i started but she ended the call

I gulped and looked back at Mrs.Lee and Jay, shaking my head slowly. Mrs.Lee let out a sob and Jay immediately hugged her.

"what do we do now?" he asked and i closed my eyes, not letting the tears fall again

"i don't know. i guess we just have to wait. unless Chaeryeong is lying about something"

Jay sighed "but that's the problem. we can't find out if she's lying or not. also, we don't know where she lives so we can't go to her house either"

"should i ask Renjun-"

"no" Mrs.Lee cut me off "that's enough. we can't do all this and later on find out she's innocent. it would be too much"

"but what if she's not?" Jay persisted

"we don't know that. still, the only thing we can do now is believe that she has nothing to do with this and just wait. it's painful for me too, but we have to do this"

I nodded "you're right. maybe he'll call us soon"

<y'all i'm so so sorry for not writing for so many days😭😭
i just had a huge loss of motivation and also this chapter is really short but i still wanted to update
i'll try to write a longer one tomorrow, bye and sorry again>