ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16 | ᴊᴇᴀʟᴏᴜꜱʏ

I got to the park and there he was, sitting on a bench, face buried in his hands. I sat down next to Renjun and rubbed his back softly. He looked up at me, cheeks strained with tears and eyes puffy.

Immediately, i pulled Renjun into a tight hug and he sobbed quietly into my chest. It took about five minutes for him to calm down and look at me again.

"h-he came back, Jaemin. that fucking monster came back" Renjun said, clenching his jaw out of anger

"what? do you mean-" i started but he cut me off

"my dad. ew, no. i don't even want to call that fucker my dad. he doesn't deserve it"

"did he do something?"

"yes" Renjun said and tears started to flow from his eyes again "he hit mom. as soon as he stepped into our house, he went and hit her"

I gulped. Renjun's dad was abusive and he had moved away because he would've gotten arrested if he didn't. The whole family was traumatized and it all started when Renjun's little sister Mey was born. Nine years ago was the first time the chinese boy and his mother were hit.

"but a-are you and Mey okay?" i asked and he nodded

"as soon as he came back i ran out of the house and i know mom won't let Mey get hurt"

"what are you gonna do next?"

Renjun sighed "i don't know. i'm gonna stay over at YangYang's place tonight"

"you can stay with me. i'm gonna move back home and live on my own until mom comes back" i said and he smiled slightly

"thank you, but i think i'm gonna stay somewhere with mom and Mey. i'm so worried about them but right now, i just can't go back there" Renjun said

"are you sure?"

"yes, i'm sure i'll be fine as long as they are" he said and i hugged him again

We stayed at the park for about an hour, until YangYang came there to get Renjun to sleep. They were really close but i didn't really know what YangYang was like. He seemed really nice and he was funny, we had hung out only a few times before but he was cracking jokes every minute.

I got back home and saw Jeno sleeping at the kitchen table. His head was resting on his arms and his hair was messy.

I smiled and sat down next to him. I rested my head on my arms too and stared at him for a while. Jeno looked even cuter than usual.

"Jeno" i said quietly and pinched his cheek

The boy opened his eyes and looked around, confused. Then he turned to me and sighed.

"what time is it?"

"it's almost midnight. i guess you fell asleep at the table" i said and chuckled

Jeno hummed before stretching his arms out and yawning.

"i think we should both go to sleep" i said and he nodded

We said good nights and i went to my room while Jeno went to his.

I got into bed and texted Renjun to make sure everything was alright at the moment and he was safe.

Me
Hey

Renjunnie :3
Hi

Me
Are you better now?

Renjunnie :3
Yeah.. i guess
We're just chilling in YangYang's room
It's warm and cozy :)

Me
Good
Did you call your mom?