ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 24 | ᴘᴇʀꜰᴇᴄᴛ

Jeno pov :

My stomach growled loudly and i sighed. There was no food at home since mom was at the hospital or at work all the time.

I didn't want to order food anymore and really needed some fresh air so i decided to pull myself up from bed and walk to the grocery store to get some snacks.

I put on my shoes and pulled the hood over my head before opening the door and going outside. The cold air hit my face and my bare ankles and i shivered slightly.

I put my hands into the front pocket of my hoodie and started to walk quickly. The little store wasn't far away and i enjoyed the way there. I went through the park since it wasn't that dark yet.

After about ten minutes, i arrived to the store. I wanted to just get the snacks quickly because i didn't want to talk to anyone and i knew i looked like shit since i hadn't showered in a few days.

I took a can of soda and some sour cream and onion chips before heading to the counter to pay. There was only one customer before me and none after.

As i placed the snacks on the counter, i looked up. It felt like my stomach flipped, maybe out of nervousness or excitement.
I didn't know.

But there he was.

Jaemin.

"Jeno?" he asked quietly

I gulped and tried to talk but no words were coming out. I just kept opening and closing my mouth for a few seconds before Jaemin gave up and talked.

"four sixty"

"w-what?"

"four dollars and sixty cents, please"

"Jaemin i-"

"are you paying or not?"

I mumbled a 'yes' before giving him the money. I took the snacks and literally ran out of the store.

As soon as i got to the park again, i sat down on a bench and took a deep breath.

What the fuck was that?

I didn't think it would feel so weird and awkward to see him like that, in such a basic, every-day-life situation. I felt embarrassed and really sad at the same time.

I really thought Jaemin was going to talk to me right there and then.

At this point, i felt totally hopeless.

I missed him so much, it felt like it had been weeks already. I just needed him.

His smile, his kisses, his hugs. His little giggles and the sweet scent he had.

Everything.

Him.

Jaemin.

Jaemin pov :

I rubbed my face frustratedly. I didn't think i'd see Jeno around, especially like this.

But there was nothing i could do, i had to take work seriously. I knew my boss was probably going to check the security cameras after my shift, i mean, it was my first time here after all.

I checked the time and i still had almost three hours left. I sighed and decided to check through the store to make sure everything was okay and in place.

After doing that, i decided to call Renjun since there wasn't any customers again.

"are you somehow craving for snack right now?"

"what?"

"please just come here, i'm so bored"

"are you at work?"