ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 31 | ɴᴏ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇ

??? pov :

Me
I can't sleep.. Can i come over?
Bitch i know you're awake
Pls respond

I sighed as my almost only friend didn't even read the messages. Usually they responded quickly and i just decided to send a message again.

Me
Okay i'm coming rn
I don't care if you're asleep i don't
want to be alone anymore

I put my shoes and jacket on before leaving the house. I was glad the way there was really short, because it was chilly outside and i didn't like walking in the cold.

Jaemin pov :

I put a blanket on top of Jay who was sleeping on the couch and patted his head before going back to the kitchen. Mrs.Lee was sitting at the table and i sat down too with a sigh.

"Jaemin, you should sleep. you're probably exhausted from work" she said and put her hand on top of mine

I shook my head "it's okay. i wouldn't be able to sleep anyways, i'm too stressed right now"

"i'm sure Jeno is fine. have you asked Haechan if he's with him"

"i messaged him but i think he's asleep. i mean, it's already almost five in the morning, why wouldn't he be?"

"you're right" Mrs.Lee said and yawned "do you mind if i get some sleep? will you be okay alone?"

I smiled softly "of course, get some rest. i'll take a walk in the park to calm myself down a little"

"thank you, Jaemin" she whispered and kissed my forehead before going to her bedroom

I took a deep breath and stood up.

After five minutes, i was walking through the park. It was really peaceful and quiet. The air was cold and fresh, it made me feel okay for a second.

Jeno pov :

I sighed. It seemed way too hard to use the nail file for anything without hurting myself. Also, it had already been almost half an hour since Chaeryeong left, which meant she would probably be back soon.

I rested my head on the back of the chair and let my eyes close. I never knew being tied up in a dark room would be so exhausting.

I was about to fall asleep when i heard the front door open. I flinched as i opened my eyes again.

I gulped, preparing myself mentally to see Chaeryeong again. I had no idea what she was going to do to me.

The next thing i heard was someone walking through the kitchen. I could see shadows of their feet under the door.

But the weird thing was, it didn't seem like Chaeryeong at all. If it was her, she would've probably come straight to me or scream something.

My breathing was getting heavy and i got an anxious feeling. What if it was her friend who knew i was here? What if it was someone who wanted to hurt me?

Then i thought about it. The footsteps weren't heavy, not at all. It seemed like someone smaller than usual.

The thought of someone being there without knowing i was trapped in the next room made me anxious and hopeful at the same time. Maybe the person could help me. But why would someone be at Chaeryeong's house at this hour if it wasn't her friend?