ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 22 | ꜱᴏᴏɴ

Jaemin pov :

I woke up at 6am. After taking a quick shower i got dressed and ate breakfast before leaving the house.

I wanted to be early so i could see Jeno before my first class.

I went inside the big school building and went straight to the lockers where we usually hang out at before school starts.
It was 7:42am which meant i still had almost twenty minutes.

Suddenly i saw Haechan approaching me. I smiled and waved at him but he just kept walking towards me without any expression.

As soon as Haechan got close enough, he punched me in the face harshly. I gasped and fell to the floor.

"Haechan what-"

"you fucking idiot!" he screamed "do you know what you've done?"

"w-what do you mean?"

"you know exactly what i mean"

I gulped "are you talking about Jeno"

"yes. and myself. i thought i could trust you" he spat out before walking away quickly

Blood started to come out of my nose but i didn't even bother doing anything about it. I just knew i had to talk to Jeno.

I got up and ran. I ran all the way to his house, ignoring the looks i got from other people. Having a nosebleed and crying while running like there's no end probably made me look like i've gone crazy but i didn't care.

I got to Jeno's house and noticed their car wasn't there so i assumed Mrs.Lee was at work. I took a deep breath and rang the doorbell.

No response.

After two minutes of ringing it, i finally heard footsteps from inside of the house. The door opened and there he was.

Jeno looked like he had been crying nonstop for a day. His eyes were bloodshot and his hair was messy. He had only a hoodie on and he looked overall really tired.

I had never seen him like that and the fact that it was my fault really hurt.

"what are you doing here?" Jeno asked quietly and took a shaky breath before talking

"we need to talk"

"why?"

"you have to know the truth"

"i don't care. you got your revenge, can't you just leave me alone now?" he said and tried to close to door but i kept it open

I forced myself inside the house and closed the door behind me. Jeno's expression changed, he looked confused and scared.

"Jeno, i never cheated on you and i would never do so" i said and he scoffed

"so you think it's okay to kiss other people like that when i'm gone?"

"Jeno i-"

"cut the bullshit, Jaemin. just tell me you made me like you so you could hurt me" Jeno said and put his phone in front of my face

I looked at it and realized it was a picture of me and Chaeryeong kissing.

No.

A picture of Chaeryeong kissing me.

"see? you already hurt me, just go" Jeno said and put the phone back to the front pocket of his hoodie

"i can explain"

"i know, Jaemin! i bullied you for years, it's understandable that you wanted to hurt me like i did to you"

"no, Jeno. just listen to me!"