ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2 | ꜱᴀᴠɪᴏʀ

Jaemin pov :

After my last class, i was about to go home but then two bullies stopped me at the exit.

"hey fag" one of them said and pushed my shoulder

I gulped and tried to get through them but they blocked the way.

"you're not going anywhere" the other one said and pulled me from my hair

"just let me go" i said quietly and they both laughed

"not yet, you'll pay for us first"

"what the fuck? for what?" i asked, getting more anxious

"for being a fucking faggot"

Jeno pov :

I stepped out of the school building and looked around, trying to find my friends. Suddenly, i noticed two of the famous bullies annoying someone again.

I went a bit closer to them and realized the boy they were bullying was Jaemin.

"hey! what the fuck are you guys doing" i shouted and they all turned to me

Jaemin looked anxious and the other bully was pulling him from his hair. I noticed a tear fell down on the poor boy's cheek and widened my eyes.

"oh, look who's here!" the other bully said and they both laughed evilly

"aww, did you come to save your boyfriend?"

"shut the fuck up" i said before running towards the other bully and tackling him

He fell down to the ground and the one holding Jaemin went a few steps farther away.

"Jeno, please don't" i heard Jaemin whispering

I ignored him and punched the one laying on the ground in the face. He groaned in pain and held his nose. It started to bleed and the guy pushed me off himself.

"let's go, he's fucking crazy" he said and the other one pushed Jaemin to the ground before they rushed away

I turned to Jaemin and offered my hand to help him up but he just looked at it and got up by himself. He was about to leave but i grabbed his arm.

"Jaemin, how long has this been happening?" i asked and he sighed

"this is none of your business. thank you for helping me but now you can just let me be. i've been bullied my whole life, why does it suddenly matter?" Jaemin said with tears in his eyes

"what? of course it matters!"

Jaemin scoffed and shook his head "Jeno, please leave me alone. for your own good"

"but i can help you" i said and he furrowed his eyebrows

"what do you mean? they'll beat you up next time"

I chuckled "Jaemin, i've been taking wrestling lessons for two years now. also i know how to fight, my mom taught me self defence when i was little"

"sure" Jaemin said sarcastically

"i'm serious. you know, i could teach you how to protect yourself and fight those scumbags"

Jaemin looked confused but somehow excited.

"look, i know i can never pay back what i did to you before but this is the best i can do to help you now" i explained

He stayed silent and i just sighed and let go of his arm. I turned around and started to leave but then Jaemin spoke again.

"okay" he said and i turned back around "teach me, then"

Jaemin pov :

I finally got back home and went straight to my room. Jeno had given me his number so we could meet up sometime.

Suddenly my room's door opened and my mom came inside.

"what are you doing?" i asked and she sighed in relief

"i thought something happened to you! you always come straight home after school"

"oh, sorry for not telling you. i was with my friend for a bit after school" i explained

"who?" mom asked and looked at me, confused

My mom didn't know i was bullied because i didn't want to make her worried. She already had a lot of stress because of work. But she knew i didn't have many friends and usually just spent time with Renjun at home.

"Jeno" i said and focused on my phone again

"who's Jeno?"

"Lee Jeno, he's in our school. he's my age and we were in the same class last year. don't worry, he's really nice" i said and mom sat on the end of my bed

"really? good to hear you're making new friends. anyways, i'll go make dinner now, come eat soon" she said before standing up leaving the room

I was kind of worried because i knew Jeno and his other friends had done some illegal stuff before. Also, he told me he smokes and that he's done drugs before.

The reason my mom didn't like drugs was because my dad had died because he had an overdose. Mom always made sure none of my friends or me did that stuff because she wanted me to be safe.

Of course i understood her, but she was kind of overprotective sometimes.

Soon, mom told me to go eat so i went to the kitchen and sat down at the table. Mom placed a plate in front of me and both of us took food. We started to eat in silence, as usual.

"how was school today?" mom asked suddenly and i looked up at her

"boring. as always"

"Jaemin, i have to talk to you about something"

"what is it?" i asked and she sighed

"i got a new job offer. but it's a bit far from here. i think we have to move" mom said

"really? but you already have a good job here!"

"it's only two months, and we'd get a lot more money" she said "please"

"mom, i'm finally getting comfortable at here, can i please stay?" i asked and she furrowed her eyebrows

"stay? where would you live? you don't have enough money and i'm pretty sure Renjun's family-"

"look" i cut her off "i might have a place to stay at. can you just let me even try? i'm old enough to live without for a while"

Mom stayed silent for a while and thought about it.

"okay. but only if you do have a place to stay at"

"thanks mom" i said and smiled "i'm sure i'll be fine"

After dinner, i went back to my room and did some schoolwork before checking my phone. I noticed Jeno had send me a message.

Lee Jeno
Heyy are you free tomorrow?
We could meet up after school at
my place if that's okay
?

Me
Sure

Jeno replied immediately and i smiled slightly when i saw his reply.

Lee Jeno
Great!!
See you tomorrow :)

Me
Yeah, see ya
*seen*

I was kind of excited since i really wanted to learn how to fight properly and Jeno seemed to be a lot nicer than before. Maybe he had actually changed to a better person.

At least i hope so.