Chapter-40: 𝚃𝚊𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚊

𝑰𝒈𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔

________________

your love waters my soul

"no, never." Jeongguk folds his arms, keeps his eyes narrowed and Taehyung scoots closer, holding the porridge in his hand before he smiles.

"who's a good boy?" Taehyung asks, sheepishly when Jeongguk rolls his eyes but stays in his position.

The ravenette is sitting in his bed and Taehyung is almost on his lap, holding the porridge that he made for Jeongguk, the ravenette keeps his denial strong---he wants attention and Taehyung is giving him all.

"You are a good boy, Tae." Jeongguk replies, firmly stating the fact and the younger raises his eyebrow at that.

"what makes you say that?" Taehyung glares at him and the ravenette chuckles before wrapping his arms around the younger's waist, pulls him on top of him---now Taehyung is straddling him.

The younger sighs before putting the porridge on the table before he sits straight, hands pressed against the ravenette's chest.

"You have a fever, finish it and I'll do anything." Taehyung whines, the ravenette jolts at that before his expression turn stern .

"anything?" he asks, Taehyung nods.

"Then promise me, you won't agree on this engagement." Jeongguk bites onto his lips, his grip around Taehyung's waist tightens a little and the younger freezes.

The younger lifts his hand only to place it over Jeongguk's cheek, strokes it lightly before he smiles, the ravenette keeps his expression firm---but his eyes hold softness, such warmth that always melts Taehyung in it.

"I won't, I promise." Taehyung replies, in a whisper and Jeongguk feels a wave of relief washing over him, hides his face in Taehyung's chest as he mutters.

"Your father is a jerk, worst than a zombie." He says and Taehyung laughs before ruffling the ravenette's hair playfully.

"That he is." Taehyung admits, they remain silent for awhile, in each other's embrace, feeling the warmth around their chest swelling.

"Tae, can I ask you something?" Jeongguk peeks through his chest, sounds nervous---almost hesitant and Taehyung gives a assuring smile before nods.

"About your mother---what happened to her?" Jeongguk asks softly, notices the way Taehyung freezes and his eyes widen thinking maybe he has asked something triggering.

Taehyung bites onto his lips as his eyes fill with tears, the ravenette rubs his back soothingly before kissing his hand which was placed on his cheek, keeps his lips pressed on his hand as he looks at Taehyung---feels his heart wrench when a tear rolls down from his cheek, he kisses it away before pressing his lips on Taehyung's eyes.

"Forget it, I will finish the porridge!" Jeongguk shrugs his shoulders, extends his arm to pick the bowl from the table when the younger male holds it, shakes his head.

"Her name was Heeyeon." Taehyung inhales deeply before he leans forward to rest his face against Jeongguk's chest, the ravenette lays down, keeps rubbing his back assuringly.

"It was a love marriage---at least for mama, it was." Taehyung chuckles bitterly at that and Jeongguk's heart swells at the word 'mama'---it's adorable.

"when Yeonjun was born, I was five years old and Hyung was seven or eight----everything was normal, suddenly mama and dad started fighting, almost everyday." Taehyung remembers it, the shouting from their rooms as Seokjin used to take them out for park or anywhere---but home, at night---he used to read stories just to distract Taehyung and Yeonjun.