Chapter 35 - NSFW

This chapter contains smut. I will separate the smut scenes with "xxx" if you wish to skip.

~~~

The table was completely distracted, Zeref looking down at August as he waited. He couldn't help but chuckle, they were so off topic now. They were rambling about wedding plans now, as if they had any time for that.

"Guys." 

They turned to look at him, Natsu sticking out his tongue. "What?"

"We really should get back on track…"

"You're no fun." Natsu rolled his eyes.

"I know," Zeref shrugged, "We can talk about the engagement during breakfast later, but we really should focus right now." 

"Right, so we're going to Tartaros, then what?" 

"What do you want to happen to those who mistreated you, Lucy?" 

Lucy quirked her brow, meeting the Spriggan's eyes. "What do you mean?" 

"...I could 'get rid' of them if you want me to." 

She slowly narrowed her eyes, shaking her head. "No, I don't think they deserve that… but it's clear that they're too toxic for me to be around…"

"We can just have them removed from the castle." Natsu reasoned, Lucy immediately rejecting that idea. "No, we can't just force them out, that wouldn't be right."

"I agree," Mavis nodded, "It'd be really unfortunate to put them in a situation like that." 

Zeref looked over at his wife and back at Lucy. Why were they so concerned about the well-being of those who wronged them? "These two…"

"Ok, we can find different occupations for them, is that okay?" They agreed, much to his satisfaction.

"Natsu, could you make an order for the staff to be off duty before we go there?" Mavis looked over that the baby in Zeref's arms, "I don't want them to be so close to August." Natsu nodded as Lucy tilted her head, wondering just what Mavis' issue with the Tartaros staff was.

"I have a bad history with most of them." Mavis explained, noticing Lucy's confusion. "I think they're just too protective of their kings. Or maybe they hate blondes, I don't know." She made light of her complaint, giving the demons the benefit of the doubt. 

It was a little surprising for Lucy to hear that even Mavis had troubles with the Tartaros staff, she assumed her own issues were simply because she was a concubine, but then again, it wasn't like she knew what Mavis' status was when she and Zeref got together…

"We will hold an executive meeting, this'll be your first one, Lucy. We'll make some changes about the ways of the kingdom to accommodate you and your child. Is there anything you want to mention now?"

The blonde shook her head, her eyes darkening slightly. "Nah, I wanna wait until we have the meeting." 

The look in her eyes didn't go unnoticed by Natsu, but he decided not to say anything. Lucy went through a lot during her time as a concubine, she deserved to inflict any rules or punishments she saw fit. His biggest concern was dealing with the Demon Gates, especially a certain bomb curse user…

"What are you gonna do to Jackal when we get there?" Happy whispered, his face showing his distaste for the demon in question. 

Natsu stared at the exceed silently, his eyes gradually darkening before he whispered, "I'll get rid of him, buddy."