Chapter 11

The media above is one of the 2 songs that are featured in this chapter

~~~

Natsu and Lucy ran through the hall, Happy flying beside them. Natsu turned backwards to release a fire dragon roar, and Lucy was quick to counter it with an array of stars. The two carried out their mock duel as they ran through the large corredores, Happy watching the way the flames and stars danced in the air.

Once they made it to the music room, the two paused to catch their breath.

"I didn't think you'd be able to keep up with me, Lucy!" 

"I told you, I come from the best of the best~"

Natsu walked up to her, pulling her into his side.

"I can tell." He mumbled as he looked down at her. The two stared into each other's eyes for a moment before leaning in to share a soft kiss. 

"You loooooooove each other~" Happy teased, causing the two to part, Lucy rolling her eyes and Natsu stiffening up.

"I feel so alive right now!" Lucy exclaimed as she hopped into the room, shimming around the instruments. Natsu admired her as she pranced around, side-eyeing Happy to voice a silent "we need to talk later."

Lucy plopped down on the piano stool and immediately began playing. "I never got around to teaching you this song, Natsu!" 

The demon chuckled at her eagerness, sitting down beside her as Happy sat on top of the piano. 

She smiled at him as she played the intro to the song. Lucy knew the notes by heart, this had always been a favorite of hers. She laid her head on Natsu's shoulder as she began to sing;

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like on
Jupiter and Mars
In other words, hold my hand
In other words, baby, kiss me

Natsu leaned his head atop of hers as he listened to her sing. Her voice instantly became his favorite, and he knew he'd never get tired of hearing her sing. He began to hum along with her as the lyrics started coming back to him.

Fill my heart with song and let me sing forevermore
You are all I long for
All I worship and adore
In other words, please be true
In other words, I love you

He glanced down at Lucy from the corner of his eye, watching as she got lost in the music. Happy looked down at her hands, watching as her skilled fingers danced along the ivories with practiced ease. Natsu began singing along with Lucy;

Fill my heart with song
Let me sing forevermore
You are all I long for, all I worship and adore
In other words, please be true
In other words
In other words
I love you

Lucy's fingers stilled, and they sat in silence for a moment, simply enjoying each other. Lucy shifted to look at Natsu fully and the two grinned.

"You have a beautiful voice."

They laughed together and at each other, having just said the same thing at the same time.

"Really, though, I didn't know you could sing!" Lucy beamed. 

"Me neither!" Happy added, looking a little betrayed that Natsu never shared that with him.

"I actually didn't either, it's not something I do. You got a real talent though, Luce! That song brings back a lot of memories."