23

Avery's POV

"You can stop here" I paid the driver and got out of the cab

I watched it drove away and entered the house. I didn't saw Hyunjin nor Uncle Chul. I went to the kitchen and Aunt preparing something.

"Oh, you're home?" she smiled at me and continued preparing

"What's happening? Why do we have a lot of foods? Where is Hyunjin and Uncle Chul?"

"You go and change your clothes. Go down here and help me" she said and became busy as she started cooking

I didn't asked and went upstairs, to Zatie's room. I was assigned to sleep here during my stay here. I don't know until when but I want to finish my business here. I locked the door and went straight to the bathroom. I took a very quick bath. I wore my clothes and blow dry my hair as fast as I can.

I looked at the drawer of her mini-cabinet. I opened it and saw her diary that she's been keeping for a long time. She wrote every special happenings in her life whether it's a good one or a bad one. There's also some pictures as an evidence. This is my first time opening her diary...

I looked at her last entry...

Hi!! It's Hyunjin's birthday and I was hoping to surprise him today. I prepared everything so well. I just need to call him here and watch his epic reaction. I know he is not the kindest person I know but he is worth everything. I just hope that one day he will be able to find his own happiness. I did rejected him but I would never regret it. That's the only way for us to stay connected to each other. I don't want everything to be awkward once we broke up or something. Although I rejected him, he still cares for me and would always act like I didn't rejected him. I am so thankful to have him in my life. I am praying for his happiness in the future!

There's a picture of her and Hyunjin. Why does it have to end like this? You spent your whole life with Hyunjin. How I wish I was there when you were in your hard times. I wish was there and took you away from them. If I took you from them, are you not going to end up like that?

I wiped my tears and kept her diary in her drawer. I went downstairs and saw Aunt still preparing the foods.

I am thankful that someone opened their heart and took care of you, Zatie. I will always be grateful to them and I will pay them back the love they gave you, baby. Please, be well wherever you are.

"Avery!" Aunt called and fed me with her dessert "How does it taste?"

"It's okay but too sweat. Overall it's fine and I think Hyunjin and Uncle Chul will love it"

Aunt nodded "I hope Hyunjin's friends will love it"

"Hyunjin's friends?"

She smiled "Zatie's and Hyunjin's friends. They are going here for a little celebration"

"Oh, I see"

I prepared the table for their friends. That means I am going to see Minho. The guy who broke her heart and the last person she saw when she got into an accident.

The doorbell rang.

"They are here" Aunt said

"I'll open the door"

"Thanks" Aunt smiled at me

I smiled back and rushed to the door. I opened it and saw Hyunjin with a lot of people. I guess they are his friends.

"Avery" he called

"Get inside. Aunt prepared for all of you"

They all went inside. I can't stop getting bothered the way they look at me. I know I am somehow look like Zatie. I am aware of that.

"A-Aren't you Avery?" Minho asked

I closed the door and nodded "I am. We met at the bar that night and I sent you home"

"Seriously? A girl sent you home?" Felix asked

I know all of them, Changbin, Chan, Seungmin, Jeongin, Jisung, Felix, Hyunjin and Minho. Aside from the girls they are with.

"I am Klaire"

"I'm Yen"

"Haeun"

"I am Heejin, a volleyball player"

"Jiyoung" she smiled

Jiyoung? She's familiar. Maybe I saw her somewhere.

"I am Yoon Avery"

They all looked at me.

"Y-Yoon?" Jisung

I nodded "Yoon Avery, Zatie's elder sister. I am one year older than her"

"T-That explains why you look like each other" Jeongin

I smiled "Yeah"

"Let's eat!" Aunt said

They all went to the kitchen except for Seungmin who's sitting at the sofa. He is staring at me for some reasons. Why? Does he know something? Does he want to tell me something?

I looked at him "Kim Seungmin"

"You know me?" Seungmin

"Very well"

"How?" he asked as he stood up

"Aren't you the one who sent the messages to Zatie that night?"

His eyes widened "Are you the one who got the phone before Jiyoung did?"

"Yes, that's me"

"I-I don't understand why" Seungmin

"I want to expose everything about Minho's Father's doings. His Father may act like everything is done now that my sister is gone. I was just starting the show"

"We just-" Seungmin

"Minho needs to know what his Father did. He deserves to know that the evil one here was his Father not you or him"

"What are you talking about? How did you know?" Seungmin

"You don't have to ask how I did that. I want you to know what happened"