Happy Together

*TW: Mentions of Suicide* 

A/N: Highly recommend that you listen to Happy Together By The Turtles whilst reading this, I've tried my best to make it fit in with how the chapter goes! Enjoy! 

Via ✌❤️

"Dave?"

Imagine me and you, I do

I think about you day and night, it's only right

To think about the girl you love and hold her tight

So happy together

As the two clueless teens in this daunting world gazed at each other, just for a moment all of their troubles were washed away like a crab at sea. As he stepped towards her he realised there would never be words to sum up how much he loved Penelope Rosanna Murphy, heart racing like an engine he moved even closer; close enough so that they were touching. 

Penny's breathing became laboured as he lifted her jaw towards him, whispering his name before she was silenced with a kiss; it was long, passionate, desperate but ever-so gentle. 

"Lo..." Dave whispered as he stroked her hair, 

"Mhm?" She asked, transfixed on the details of his face; she hadn't paid attention to since they were young, the scar on his forehead from the tarpaulin incident, the way he twitched his eyebrows regularly. 

" I love -" He began sincerely, before she pressed her lips onto his. 

They knew whatever troubles they would have for the next love filled hours it didn't matter. It was the way it had always been Penelope and Dave, Dave and Penelope; two polar opposites that made one...

I can't see me lovin' nobody but you

For all my life

When you're with me, baby the skies'll be blue

For all my life

.

.

" Where's your brother?" Emily asked her eldest, only realising his absence due to Albert's paranoid outbreak. 

"He went to go look for Penny, he took the the Triumph. Didn't you-" Ray informed,

"He took the CAR?" Emily cried, "He's 16 for god's sake!"

"He knows how to drive Mum, he's not stupid." He reassured,

" What about if he gets stopped by the police? Why didn't you follow him?" Emily rambled in a fit of anger,

" I was too busy fucking freaking out! The last time she ran for it she-she- I love her Mum..." He sighed as the tears rushed to his eyes before Emily softened and comforted her son. 

" Is he alright?" Albert asked softly, coming from his study. 

"Worried. First Penny, now his brother..." Emily spoke softly as she stroked her sons hair. 

" David?" Albert questioned, realising his absence. 

"He's gone to look for Penny-"

"Then he'll be fine lad, do you want to go home and calm down son?" Albert replied,

" Albert... He took the car." She informed cautiously. 

" He's done what?" Albert blurted,

" I-"