I'll Be Back

" Just talk to me!"

" You can't just ignore me!"

" I'm sick of this!"

"What's even left for us anymore..."

Memories of last night sped back into his mind as he lit his cigarette, the December draft cold on his chest which leaned out of the window as he took a few more drags. He stared at the window opposite him, the curtains still drawn; memories flooded back of plenty days of talking to each other through them as children.

" For her to steal my heart away when she don't care?
I can't love another when my hearts somewhere far away
" He quietly sung to himself, thinking about his brothers hand in hers.

He couldn't face her, the face which was filled with pity for him. Face them together, he should of been happy for them; his older brother and his best friend. But what could he say? He still felt 11 around her, the feelings rushed back, the promises, the memories. He couldn't escape. Albert was holding a Christmas party which he would probably be forced to go to. He'd have to face her.

He had spent most of his life wondering what was happening inside of the opposite window, now he could barely face her...

Penny rushed around all morning helping her brothers deal with their fathers orders and stressed demeanour.

" Penny could you and Theo retrieve the champagne from the Cellar! Make sure you get the right one, 5 bottles!"

"What about the rest?"

"I want to make sure that's sorted first! Hurry up!

"Penny can you come with me to the baker's? Dad wants the canapés!"

"Penny could you get the door?"

"Penny..."

"Penny..."

"Penelope!"

She could begin to calm down and get dressed for the party, the last time she'd attended a Murphy party she had a curfew of 9 o'clock and she wasn't allowed anywhere the bandstand, she wasn't allowed to go anywhere near the alcohol and now she had no curfew, she was all over the setting up of the music, and she could have all the alcohol she wanted.

" That's everything sorted right?" Theo asked his sister as he entered her room,

" I think so." She spoke surely.

" The band are on there way." He informed,

" Okay." She responded, knowing her dad had mostly likely chosen some jazz band who had a few hits in the 40's-50's.

" I'll see you soon yeah?" He asked as he made his way out of the door.

" Yeah."

Jazzy green Dress? Nope. Purple formal. No

It had been like that for the last half an hour,

"Penny what are you wearing darling?" A voice on the outside of her door asked before she walked over to to the door and opened it, her dad waiting.

"Oh." He responded at the lack of his daughters dress,

" I don't know." She replied,

" What about the jazzy gr-" He suggested

"Already tried it."

"Why don't we have a look in your mother's wardrobe, yes?" He offered,

"Seriously?"