And I Love Her

"Albert I've- Oh..."

The two teens and figure stood staring at each other for a few seconds looking like a deer in headlight, 

" Mum..." Dave whispered cautiously,

"I..." Emily choked, 

" Auntie Emily..." Penelope started, " I can explain..."

" There's... There- There's nothing to explain." She nodded trying to forget what she'd seen, her son and her best friend's daughter kissing, madly. 

" It's my fault Mum." Dave began,

" It's mine." Penny disagreed as she looked at him with a questioning look. 

" Was that spontaneous?" Emily questioned as she unpacked her shopping bag,

" I uh..." The teen boy stumbled, 

" How long?" Emily sighed, hiding her excitement. 

" Auntie Em I wanted to-" Penny started, 

" About a month and two weeks." He admitted as he walked towards Penny, taking her hand. 

" That's when you went missing." Emily recalled, 

" Well yes-" Penny agreed. 

" Was that a ploy so you two could get away?" Emily asked,

" No, of course it wasn't!" Dave shook his head. 

" So you first became- Well you know what I mean." She questioned before both teens nodded,  " Did you do anything?" 

" Mum..." Dave cringed blushing,

" Did you?" She repeated. 

" Yes, it was safe." Penny informed, not embarrassed.

"  That's good, I expect nothing less from you two you're not stupid. I just wished you'd told me that you were together." She smiled,

" You're not angry?" He asked,

" Of course I'm not, you're not children anymore. As long as you treat each other right, I'm happy for you." She beamed.

" You're the only one who knows apart from Gail and Margie." Penny informed,

 " I think it's about time people knew that mine and Rosanna's dream came true." She chuckled along with the teens, " I never knew you know?" 

" Knew what?" He inquired, 

" Me and Rosanna always said Penny would be with one of my boys. I never knew which one though, you two were always best friends but your brother and Penny were also inseparable, they're both so similar whereas you two are opposites. It was always a fifty/ fifty." Emily explained with a fond smile on her face. 

" Me and Ray!" Penny laughed before questioning it in her head, " Actually I can see that..." 

" Oi!" Dave chuckled,

" See it's always going to be fifty/fifty! Just don't break her heart." Emily stated as she walked out of the room. 

" Um... What just happened?" He blurted, 

" I don't know..." Penny smiled. 

" What are we all here for?" Ernest asked impatiently, " I'm supposed to meet Catrinia in an hour!" 

" It won't take long!" Penny spoke unimpressed,

" Not being funny Penny but I arranged to meet with the-" Theo began.