Manic Monday

Another day turned around for Penelope, it would be her last ever Monday at Queen Alexandra's she got up out of her bed ; every day precisely at 6:30 so she was ready for the 9:00 am start of the school day. Penelope's schedule was the same every week which she had despised at the age of 11 but now she tolerated it, she had a copy on her cork board where she kept schedules and events so she wouldn't forget. 

Penny's daily school week schedule 

Get up at 6:30

Get ready a between 6:30 to 7:00 (Included Shower)

Breakfast for Me, Margie and Gail at 7:40-8:05

Tidy up 8:05- 8:20

Leave at 8:45

GCSE Subject (Period 1)

Essential subject (Period 2)

Essential Subject (Period 3)

GCSE Subject (Period 4)

Leisure time 16:00-17:30

Dinner 17:30

Leisure Time 18::30

Bedtime 21:30

She was soon leaving out the front door with Margret and Gail, the three girls looking smart and presentable; there uniform pristine as always; Margret's long blonde hair brushed tied into a pony tail; Gail's short ginger hair curled and Penelope's dark brown hair was up in a braided bun. 

Penelope and Margret sat on their twin desk as they sketched random figures. As both girl's sketched Margret took a peek at Penelope's A3 paper, a light sketch of a woman who held a small child in her arms, "Who's that?" Margret asked.

 "Theo was looking through some photo albums the other day and sent one of the photos-"  

"No way that's you and your Mum?" Margret interrupted.

 "That's me and Maman." Penelope replied as she smiled down at the rough sketch which had so much potential if she could ever finish it. 

"What year was that? Margret asked.

"I was around 2, it's '63 now so I reckon around 1949." She spoke.

" It's really beautiful Penny." Margret whispered meaningfully,

" It will be. It will be..." The brunette murmured. 

" You excited to see everyone?" The blonde questioned, 

"Back in Muswell Hill? It's hard to really sum it all up. I haven't been home in 5 years, I always stayed here with you and Gail during the holidays. Remember the letters I used to get for the first two years? I never opened them, I knew who they were from; I realised if I wanted to get on with my life I needed to not rely on home. I was hard but I knew I needed to move on and I hope that they don't hold that against me." Penelope spoke.  

" They won't they never will. " Margaret encouraged.

" He will. He will..."