There are places I remember, all my life.

The view sped past as Penelope sat in the train cabin, beautiful oaks and fields spun as the girl gazed out of the window absent-mindedly. "Ticket Miss?" The ticket man questioned as he  entered the cabin; "Here," She responded whilst handing over the cream coloured card. He inspected it before handing it back, "What's a posh lady like you going down North London for?" He quizzed, "It's where I come from actually so if you don't mind." She spoke sarcastically whilst gesturing at the door.  He exited whilst muttering curses. 

Her head spun with thoughts as she exited the train, moving onto the platform of East Finchley station. She made her way towards the exit as her heart accelerated; she wondered about Gail and Margie but as she stepped outside of the place she hadn't been to 5 years her mind went blank as she took in the view, people flooded around the town, flocks of teenagers moved down the street as people weaved around them. It must of been at least a minute before her taxi arrived taking her back up to Muswell hill, she stared out the window as she passed Tetherdown before passing Creighton Ave and finally on to Coppetts Road. The taxi pulled up to number 52, her brothers and Father outside waiting for her; the house looked exactly the same, semi detached, best in the neighbourhood. 

"Sweetheart!" Alfred spoke as his daughter stepped out of the taxi, he made his way over to her and embraced the teen. "Hi Dad," She spoke as he hugged her hard. Once he let go of the embrace she hugged her two older brothers before they grabbed her luggage. She made her way into the house crossing the hall till she reached the kitchen, "Hello Mum. It's been a long time hasn't it? I've missed you. So so much." She whispered as she smiled at the picture on the shelf; her mother holding a small baby girl whilst smiling, she sighed before making her way back to the lounge where her brothers and father were. 

"Doesn't she look grown up, hey boys?" Her father asked whilst smiling at his daughter.
"She does, doesn't she? But she's still our runt!" Her eldest brother Ernest teased. Ernest getting a sharp OI in reply from his sister before she turned to the old piano that sat in the corner of the room before pleading with her eyes before her Dad nodded at her.

" You've got a long list of people who want to see you!" Her dad chuckled before his daughter nodded in reply as she played.

"Auntie Mary, Hilda. Uncle Sebastian and his family, Mrs. Lunley  and of course the Davies'. In fact they should be coming tomorrow ." He informed,

"But dad its Friday, I need some time to get back to normal"

"It's not up for debate." He solidified before the teen rolled her eyes. 

The world is treating me bad, misery

The small red record player spun as the teen placed some new additions to her corkboard filled with memories, pictures of her and her childhood best friends flooded the board. She placed the polaroid's  filled with newer memories in empty sections; her favourite Margie, Gail and herself on the stage after performing for the school. A guitar hung around her own neck whilst Margie and Gail with microphones as they bowed. 

A small attentive knock landed on her door,

"Hey Sis." The softer of her brothers spoke as he entered,

"Their pretty good, who are they again?" He asked as he sat on the wicker chair,

"A new band, called The Beatles. They played at Alexandra's." She smiled before as she made the final touches to the corkboard. 

"Did you like them? He asked and all he got was a smile in reply as she focused,

"Did you really like them?"  He questioned as his sister blushed.

" How much older was he?" He interrogated in a slightly firmer tone, 

"He was only a few years older" 

"What did he play?" He continued

"He was the lead guitarist." 

"Just your type." 

"OI!" She shouted before chucking a cushion at his face as they laughed,

"Does he still play?" She asked awkwardly as she blushed picking off the excess paper off her craft.

"Yes, course he does. I guess you'll find out more tomorrow." Her brother teased as he stood as he walked to her bedroom door. 

"Theo?" She asked,

"Yes?" 

"Does he hate me?" She questioned quietly before her brother shrugged in reply as he made his way out the door. 

 Cause, baby, it's you (sha-la-la-la-la-la-la)

Baby, it's you (sha-la-la-la-la-la-la)
(Sha-la-la-la-la)

Penelope fell back onto her bed with a small huff before drifting of into a thought craze...