XVII. Parents Day

Ichigo's POV
Ichigo's Dorm, Morning of Parent's Day

Ichigo: "Rise and shine!" he tells Kukaku who refuses to get up.

She throws a pillow at him while curling up in bed.

Kukaku: "Keep it down... I'm tired..."

Immediately after finishing, she falls back asleep.

Rukia: "Maybe we shouldn't have stayed up all night playing video games with Ruby..." she sleepily sits up with bedhead.

Ichigo: "Jeez, this is sad..." He straightens his back after picking up the pillow. "Alright everyone, listen up. I'm gonna be busy corralling all the students and their families. Since you guys don't have those here, you're free to do whatever you want provided you go to class. I don't want Ozpin or especially Glynda yelling at me because you aren't there."

Yoruichi: "You sure you don't want her yelling at you, Ichigo?" she suggests.

Ichigo: "Completely." he deadpans.

His scroll goes off and speak of the devil, it's Glynda. When he opens the message, he hears Yoruichi snicker.

Yoruichi: "Judging by the look on your face..."

He ignores her perversion and reads it.

Glynda (text): 'Mr. Kurosaki, I hope you are prepared for today's special classes. The rest of us have compiled plans that mostly consist of practical exams and exhibition matches. As my assistant teacher, I would like you to help me with those. I ask that you be on your guard, especially around the moms. Meet me in the courtyard in fifteen minutes.'

Knowing that he'll only get yelled at, and not in a good way, if he's late, Ichigo starts to head out. Wait, is there a yelling in a good way?

Orihime: "We'll be sure to behave, Ichigo!" she announces as Ichigo walks out, to which he gives her a thumbs up.

Courtyard

By the time Ichigo had gotten there, Glynda was going through some sort of checklist with Ozpin. She finishes up and departs from him, opting to join Ichigo when she sees him.

Glynda: "Good morning Ichigo, how did you sleep?"

Icihgo: "Umm, good I guess? Anyway, when's everyone getting here?"

Glynda: "We'll have an assembly with the students here and then they'll go and meet their parents at the airship pad soon after. That's when we'll have our work cut out for us. First things first..."

She explains today's itinerary while Ichigo silently listens. Here he is, receiving instructions by the same person who said she thought he was a woman. Seriously! What the fuck was that about!? How does him having unexplainable powers translate to being a woman!? Don't think they ever explained themselves. What, are there some women in this world that have crazy powers like he does!?

Glynda finishes up her explanation just as the students arrive. Ichigo's teams arrive fairly late in comparison to the others, but still before it's time to start. When the clock hits nine, Ozpin steps onto a small stage prepared for this event.

Ozpin: "Good morning students, I hope you are well today. As you know, you came here in order to fulfill your dreams of protecting people, slaying Grimm, or whatever drives you. Your loved ones have supported you in your endeavors. For some, this is your first time being away from them. For others, being away may be all you know. But today is a day filled with showing them, the people who have believed in you the most, what you have learned."

He steps back and allows Glynda to take the microphone.

Glynda: "You shall follow your normal schedules today, but the locations will be a little different. My and Professor Kurosaki's class shall be held here, outside. Dr. Oobleck and Professor Port shall hold their classes in tandem in the library. Professor Peach shall hold her class in the ballroom. As that is all, you are dismissed."