XV. Initiation Pt. 2

Ozpin's POV

Ironwood: "You're putting them through your Initiation today, aren't you?"

The now rested Headmaster of Beacon puts his hot chocolate down on his desk, turning away from his colleague.

Ozpin: "Why yes, I am. I must admit, I may not have been completely aware when listening to them yesterday. I was quite tired due offering a teaching position to Ichigo Kurosaki late the night before and then there was the Breach in the morning and... Well, you know the rest."

Ironwood sits down on the desk, crossing his arms as he does so. He looks away from Ozpin and out into the room, still wondering.

Ironwood: "Still... I don't know. I admit that I have my fair share that I keep from the public, but for General Cross to have had a secret human testing facility... I have my doubts."

Ozpin: "As do I. However, we shall see the veracity of their claims today. If their skills are much higher than the average students', then that adds credit to them. The teams I've prepared are not average students, so even if they lose, if they put up a good fight, it helps them. I don't believe I need to tell you this, James, but-"

Ironwood: "Look for subtle hints during, I know. If they're agents of Salem, we should know based on how they fight. Even if they're acting, we should be able to determine a likelihood if they are."

Ozpin sips his hot chocolate, burning his tongue slightly. Today will determine not only the fates of Ichigo's friends, but of Ichigo himself. If Ichigo is an agent of Salem, somehow amplified by her, then his allies shall be his tell.

Ichigo's POV

A night of sleeping on the hard floor of a dorm room can hurt one's back. Ichigo's learned that lesson the hard way, as he's having a difficult time getting up. His upper back is really the problem, the pain shooting into his neck.

Ichigo: "Ouch... Agony..."

Ichigo's eyes shoot open when he doesn't hear the rustling of people in his room. Either everyone's still asleep, or...

Ichigo: "What. The. Hell." he deadpans.

He's all alone in his dorm room. There's pillows, blankets, and sheet strewn all over the place, indicating people were there, but the fact of the matter is that they're there no longer. This wouldn't be an extraordinary event in itself. Eleven people slept here last night. However, if the fact that all of them left without waking him wasn't strange enough, the more disturbing question is how they were all quiet enough without doing so. Among them, the loudmouths are Tier's Fraccion and their arguing, Nel and her excitable nature, and Rukia with her playful snark. Being stealthy people, Sui-Feng and Yoruichi can be quiet when they need to, although Yoruichi would more than likely wake him up for her own personal enjoyment rather than it being an accident. Still, none of these matter at this point. Everyone's gone and there's no trace-

Ichigo: "Wait."

He reads a note left on his chest.

Ichigo,
               We decided to leave you to sleep a little longer. We know you didn't get much sleep because of us coming here, so enjoy. We're going to scout out the campus a bit more, cover what we didn't yesterday, and then head to breakfast.

Yoruichi

Ichigo: "Huh. That was uncharacteristically nice of-

P.S.
               I took your phone that's not called a phone and took a picture of you sleeping. I sent it to every girl in your scroll, including last night's date. Your sleeping face is just so cute, I couldn't resist! You're welcome.