XXVII. Panic

Hey guys, Draco here!

Thank you all for being so patient with me! Just so you're aware, this is a LONG chapter, the longest I've ever written BY FAR. It's about 21.6k words of (hopefully) well-written content, so strap in!

Also, there are a lot of POV/scene changes in this chapter as there are lots of things happening simultaneously, so keep that in mind.
——————————————————————

3rd Person POV

Penny: "Salutations, Pyrrha Nikos! It's an honor to finally meet you."

Pyrrha simply looks down at her own hands, seemingly checking herself and her equipment, but she's distracted. All she's really checking are her arms and hands, gripping and releasing her fingers to get her blood flowing, but she's not excited. She's not happy or looking determined to win. She's just... distant.

Penny: "This is going to be so much fun!"

With Ruby

Standing opposite Ruby is Mercury Black, the boy whom Yang was supposed to have severely injured in her match, yet here he is, standing tall on both legs. He's in her way to get to Professor Port and Dr. Oobleck. She sent that message to Ichigo, but who knows if he got it? At least she knows where they are and can get to them... If Mercury gets out of her way.

Ruby: "Mercury, what are you doing? You were hurt. Why- What's going on?"

He doesn't say a word, only giving her a smug grin as the crowd's cheers dampened by the walls around them give a louder sound than him.

Ruby: "Fine. If you're not going to tell me... "

She steps to her side, only for him to step in the same direction. She narrows her eyes at him when he mirrors her movement again.

Dr. Oobleck (PA System): "Fighters, are you ready?"

Oh no. The match is starting.

In the Arena

Dr. Oobleck: "3... 2... 1... Begin!"

Penny summons eight of her swords and flies them all in Pyrrha's direction. Pyrrha either blocks or dodges all of them, trying to gauge Penny's considerable strength. The swords then fly behind her and come back, forcing her to dodge.

Seeing an opportunity, Pyrrha gets into close range, with Penny directing her swords in sequence to strike Pyrrha, who blocks the blades with her spear in a manner similar to a swordswoman. Pyrrha jumps back and lands on a sword, suing the force to propel herself forward. She performs a downward slash with her spear but is blocked by Penny's weapons. Pyrrha grabs her shield from her back, her anxiety causing her Semblance to bend it and her spear slightly, bending them back into place a second later.

With Ruby

Mercury's kicking at Ruby, fighting her to keep her away from anyone who can interfere. She gets in close, using her meager hand-to-hand combat skills to prevent critical damage, but Mercury's focused on making sure she doesn't get past. He goes to kick while she's in range, but she feints, using her Semblance to go around to his side and get further down the corridor.

Ruby (thoughts): 'Ichigo... Hurry!'

She keeps running, trying to get out of the maintenance tunnel so she can warn everyone.

In the Arena

From the stands, Ichigo's half-watching the battle, half-on the lookout for anyone using their Semblance.