XXVI. Uncertainty

Yoruichi's POV

Well... That was a shitshow. Yang goes crazy on international TV, is about to be arrested, and then Ichigo steps in to defend her? It's not out of character for him, especially with how protective he is of the people he cares about, but he could have handled it better. Telling one of the most powerful men on the planet to fuck off is not something most people would do. Then again, Ironwood's done nothing to show Ichigo that he should be respected, so that was inevitable.

Yoruichi (cat form): "Still could bite us in the ass, though."

She lays on Yang's bunk while in cat form, positioned in a way that most people shouldn't be able to see her from below. Ichigo, Team RWBY, and Ironwood are on their way here now. Truth be told, Yoruichi hasn't interacted much with Ironwood in person. The only other time she did was when she and the others were explaining their fake story to him and Ozpin, so most impressions of him have been heard secondhand. She's curious about how he'll approach this situation.

Yoruichi (cat form): "There they are."

Ichigo's POV

Yang's looking pretty nervous. Even with him there escorting her so that Ironwood's robots don't, she's incredibly anxious about what happened. The airship ride over didn't help, nor has really anyone said a word. Ironwood met them outside the dorm, somehow getting there before them.

Ironwood: "Please, it'd be better if we talk inside."

Without saying a word, Ichigo sneers at him, barely keeping his emotions in check. He, Yang, Ironwood, and two robotic soldiers walk towards the dorm. Looks like the rest of Team RWBY arrived before them as well, as they're waiting outside the door. However, unlike Ironwood, Ichigo sent them a message telling them that they were going to the dorms to get some privacy and told them to be there so they can be with Yang. When they all get to the dorm, Ichigo stops.

Ichigo: "Leave the robots outside." he says without even looking at Ironwood.

Ironwood: "Their primary function is-"

Ichigo: "These rooms are small and they don't belong."

A few moments pass as Ironwood takes in Ichigo's heavy-handed demands. Ironwood audibly inhales and then sighs.

Ironwood: "Fine. Have it your way." He turns to the guards. "Stand guard out here."

They salute him as Ruby opens the door, the others funneling inside, with Yang and Ironwood being separated by Ichigo standing between them. Yang takes her place on Ruby's bed, with Ruby sitting on one side of her and Ichigo standing on the other. Blake and Weiss sit opposite, on Blake's bed. Ichigo can sense Yoruichi in here, but he doesn't comment on it. Nobody says anything at first, but then Ironwood closes the door behind him.

Ironwood: "I know what happened was tragic, but I need to tell you all that-"

Ichigo: "'Tragic'? Your fucking robots tried arresting a girl on international television!" he nearly shouts.

Ironwood: "Which they could have done had you not interfered. Did you think you were doing yourself or her a favor by showing the world how Beacon's teachers don't care about its students maiming others!? Or did that not cross your mind considering you yourself assaulted one Cardin Winchester not too long ago!?"

Ichigo: "I am getting real sick of your-"

Blake: "Ichigo." she shakes her head. "Getting angry won't change what happened. We need to focus on Yang right now."

She's right. He let his emotions get the better of him even though this isn't about him.

Ichigo: "...you're right. Sorry."